Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Just spotted that BA's website says that afternoon tea is only until half 4. Will I get lucky on Monday and get dinner instead of finger sandwiches or is the website telling porkies?!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by stu1985
Just spotted that BA's website says that afternoon tea is only until half 4. Will I get lucky on Monday and get dinner instead of finger sandwiches or is the website telling porkies?!
Just had a look at ba.com and that information is out of date. If has the old meal timings and also refers to Extended Breakfast which has now been renamed Brunch.

I am very surprised that it has not been amended.

The timings in the front of this thread and those above are the correct timings.

I do however live in hope that these times will be revised. If that happens, you all will hear as soon as I do.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
On Band 2 flights you receive a wrap if your take off falls in the lunch time period 12.00-13.59 or the evening period 17.00 onwards.

Prior to 9.30 in the morning you receive a filled croissant and at all other times you get complimentary drinks and a basket of snacks to choose from.

So you should be receiving a wrap on your flight tonight.

I hope you enjoy it.
My 13:25 MUC-LHR last week was not a wrap. Just a choice of basket snacks.

I mentioned this to a CC member and was told "we give out whats loaded"

Inconsistancy as usual BA!

Regards,

G-BPED
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by csutter
Like Hannibal Lecter, "" is the only way I can describe the Band 3 CE brunch:
Gosh that is quite pitiful! I thought there would be more on offer than a croissant and tiny fruit plate for a Band 3 flight!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:13 pm

Well the afternoon tea on the flight to CPH was actually not as bad as I was expecting. Sandwiches were fine and the scones were lovely and warm. Great crew member serving the cabin.

Dinner last night coming back to LHR was good - prawn curry and it had a bit of a kick to it.

I'll upload some pictures when I have access to a laptop.

Looks like setting my expectations low paid off!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels

Looks like setting my expectations low paid off!
Not a bad policy if you're in Afternoon Tea territory....
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Club Europe | Band 2 | Afternoon Tea

For those that take onboard F&B seriously, you may wish to look away....

Doorstep drama...

Where this culinary composition lost points in taste, delicacy and appearance, the VLML gem from LGW's Alpha force certainly made up in pure comedy stakes. Honestly
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero

Doorstep drama...
Appalling. They couldn't even take the wrapping off the 'sandwich'?

Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looks like a navvy's lunch.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Doorstep drama...

Where this culinary composition lost points in taste, delicacy and appearance, the VLML gem from LGW's Alpha force certainly made up in pure comedy stakes. Honestly
Le degre zero du inflight catering
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Well the afternoon tea on the flight to CPH was actually not as bad as I was expecting. Sandwiches were fine and the scones were lovely and warm.
The one today on my Band 2 lived right down to expectations. Ordinarily I decline this sorry excuse for food and today's experience reminded me why: three curling sandwiches and a cold stale scone, no jam and a ferocious looking cake thing. The whole lot went back uneaten. Still, at least the champagne was warm.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:40 pm

That's a pity - exactly the opposite to what I experienced!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by BA235
The one today on my Band 2 lived right down to expectations. Ordinarily I decline this sorry excuse for food and today's experience reminded me why: three curling sandwiches and a cold stale scone, no jam and a ferocious looking cake thing. The whole lot went back uneaten. Still, at least the champagne was warm.
Jam-wise, it has been removed from the tray to save waste (unused jam pots on meal trays are binned even if they are still sealed when returned to the caterers). However there is a drawer full of jam (and marmalade) which should be offered by the crew during the service. If they don't, politely inform them that it's in the amenities cart, and there's another drawer (for some unfathomable) reason in the EuroTraveller galley. These drawers seem to be loaded as standard throughout the day, so if you fancy some orange marmalade with your evening meal.........
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or

Doorstep drama...

It looks like your tray got switched with a packed lunch from someone in the other class... Speak to teacher she'll sort it out.

Although in BA's defence they don't look too different to the ubiquitous tuna sandwiches found in SQ's J lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Dan72
It looks like your tray got switched with a packed lunch from someone in the other class... Speak to teacher she'll sort it out.

Although in BA's defence they don't look too different to the ubiquitous tuna sandwiches found in SQ's J lounge.
Ha ha, you are right on all counts. It reminded me of the "what?" reaction I had when I first saw the SQ J lounge sandwiches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.