Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA0285

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:44 am
Original Poster

BA0285

Supposed to be 2 hours into my flight to SFO still not left LHR second successive flight that's been delayed for engineering fault
Not a happy bunny
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by amit1978
Supposed to be 2 hours into my flight to SFO still not left LHR second successive flight that's been delayed for engineering fault
Sorry to read of the delay.

ba.com is showing a departure time of 13:00 - in five minutes - which I am not sure is likely?

Hope you get away soon.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Sorry to read of the delay.

ba.com is showing a departure time of 13:00 - in five minutes - which I am not sure is likely?
ba.com shows that the flight departed at 13:03.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I'm sure you'd rather be safe than fly on an aircraft with a broken part...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stu1985
I'd rather fly with an airline that gets me to my destination on time it was a fault with a toilet. Why board and keep people sitting there for over 2 hours and not announce that we are not leaving until the last minute
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
I'd rather fly with an airline that gets me to my destination on time it was a fault with a toilet. Why board and keep people sitting there for over 2 hours and not announce that we are not leaving until the last minute

Poor communications is always a problem, I'd rather know what's going on than to not know.

My guess is in your case by the time they fixed the problem the flight had lost its ATC slot and had to wait for a new slot.

Same thing happened to us on the BA1 last week, electrical fault affecting seat power in F, wasn't a problem as only half of F was affected but only 4 punters, however the return was full, so by the time it was fixed we had missed our slot and had to want !!

cs
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Did they manage to make up any time in the end ? How late was your eventual arrival ?

cs
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Poor communications is always a problem, I'd rather know what's going on than to not know.

My guess is in your case by the time they fixed the problem the flight had lost its ATC slot and had to wait for a new slot.

Same thing happened to us on the BA1 last week, electrical fault affecting seat power in F, wasn't a problem as only half of F was affected but only 4 punters, however the return was full, so by the time it was fixed we had missed our slot and had to want !!

cs

It took an hour for the 'part' to arrive an hour to fit it and then 10 minutes to wait for ATC. Have calmed down a bit now enjoying a Pinot in the IC SF
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: ABBA
Same thing happened to us on the BA1 last week, electrical fault affecting seat power in F, wasn't a problem...
Indeed - BA1 doesn't have an F cabin. It doesn't fly to Australia either!

(What range does an A318 form LCY have?)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:53 pm

[QUOTE=paulwuk;19614613]
Same thing happened to us on the BA1 last week, electrical fault affecting seat power in F, wasn't a problem...
Indeed - BA1 doesn't have an F cabin. It doesn't fly to Australia either!

(What range does an A318 form LCY have?)[/QUOTE

Sorry typo on my part, BA11 not 1

cs
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by paulwuk

(What range does an A318 form LCY have?)
From LCY very limited due to runway length and weight restrictions on take off, hence the combined pre clearance and refuel at SNN on the way to JFK.

cs
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:00 pm

cs

It took an hour for the 'part' to arrive an hour to fit it and then 10 minutes to wait for ATC. Have calmed down a bit now enjoying a Pinot in the IC SF

Probably quicker than offloading everyone back to the terminal and lounges only to reboard you all again tbh. Think once everyone was off a security check would need to be done etc and the captain wouldn't know exactly how long the part would take to get and fit.

Probably away quicker by staying on board but should of been communicated much better.

Now amit1978 which IC are you staying at in SFO ?

cs
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Probably quicker than offloading everyone back to the terminal and lounges only to reboard you all again tbh. Think once everyone was off a security check would need to be done etc and the captain wouldn't know exactly how long the part would take to get and fit.

Probably away quicker by staying on board but should of been communicated much better.

cs
I meant that boarding should have been delayed rather than taking everyone off the plane am staying at the IC on Howard Street
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:17 pm

cs
I meant that boarding should have been delayed rather than taking everyone off the plane am staying at the IC on Howard Street

What a gorgeous hotel that us !

Very modern and friendly

cs
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

What a gorgeous hotel that us !

Very modern and friendly

cs
A lovely hotel lounge staff are great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.