Wiki Posts
Search

re-routed from AA to DL. TPs and Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:12 am
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
re-routed from AA to DL. TPs and Avios?

Out of interest have you asked AA about either of these queries ? And if you have what have they said ?

cs
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
My understanding was that you should get the cheerios and TPs for the flight you paid for, regardless of routing, although it will most certainly take a call to the BAEC service centre to sort it.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In the past, people here have reported it difficult to get TPs and Avios if AA, specifically, decide to re-route you. On the other hand there have been some recent threads of forumites who did successfully get their TPs, though it took a while. With other airlines and for BA itself there are fewer problem.

So perhaps you could let us know how you get on. For fastest resolution you should telephone customer service, but there is a webform in the Contact Us section of your BAEC account. I don't think you can directly contact AA about this (they probably won't know what an Avios is).
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My friends and I were unsuccessful in getting our TPs back. This caused two of my mates to drop from Silver to Bronze... needing just 20TP

We tried with AA, but they were not helpful.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:39 am
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by csdavidson
My friends and I were unsuccessful in getting our TPs back. This caused two of my mates to drop from Silver to Bronze... needing just 20TP

We tried with AA, but they were not helpful.
Did you try taking it up with BA?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here is an example of someone downgraded (not re-routed) who did eventually get their booked TPs and Avios.

Downgrade on AA from domestic first to Y; how do I get proper TPs?

But again I think it is very helpful if forumites could post their own experiences here.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:17 am
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
Originally Posted by Royce
My understanding was that you should get the cheerios and TPs for the flight you paid for, regardless of routing, although it will most certainly take a call to the BAEC service centre to sort it.
The problem is that the Executive Club terms only say that you will get the original miles/TPs if BA reroute you. So you are at the whim of the agents if it is a re-routing by a partner.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 9:48 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Might it occur to you that AA may wish to move their fleet out of the way of the storm? Hence cancelling flights into the area affected.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:12 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by jimcbob
The problem is that the Executive Club terms only say that you will get the original miles/TPs if BA reroute you. So you are at the whim of the agents if it is a re-routing by a partner.
I don't think it is quite as simple as that as the mileage credit needs to be authorised behind the scenes by the partnership team. I believe the sequence runs broadly like this…
  1. Member contacts Executive Club and requests Avios/TP credit
  2. Executive Club agent passes request over to EC's partnership team
  3. EC partnership team liaise with airline partner
  4. Approval is granted/rejected by partner
  5. Decision is fed back to EC and onwards to the member

In my experience, AA is amiable to accepting mileage credits when the cause of re-route was of AA's doing (mechanical issues etc) but less so with weather related causes.

angatol, please do let us know how your request goes. You may be more fortunate than I have been in the past - today's combination of a full moon on a leap year may well work in your favour .

Best of luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.