Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrr T1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Grrrr T1

I recently rechecked my booking to LYS the week after next and it's moved to T1 I really dislike T1 for a wide range of reasons, not least the inferior lounge. It's very annoying.

How is it reasonable to have IB flights in T5 when BA has to spread its own flights including the ageing T1?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by stifle
How is it reasonable to have IB flights in T5 when BA has to spread its own flights including the ageing T1?
BA want to keep connections between terminals to a minimum, and there is a lot of transfer traffic through MAD to South America, and equally from MAD to BA's longhaul destinations. BA and IB are also effectively the same airline (IAG) on the MAD route, with both carriers using BA codes.

BA in T1 is only temporary until the new T2 opens in 2014.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
And while I'm thinking about it, why do we still have to use the inferior London Room lounge when flying domestically or to DUB? Surely the reasoning BD used (overcrowding) is no longer applicable given the reduced number of *A users?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking to flying via LYS in November but am probably going to go through GVA instead to minimize transfers.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

T1 immigration is not much fun either, although you do have the option if hand luggage only of going through the flight connections and claiming you're making a domestic connection, then walking out.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver
T1 immigration is not much fun either, although you do have the option if hand luggage only of going through the flight connections and claiming you're making a domestic connection, then walking out.
Really? Don't they need to see a BP?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I guess you can say that you'll collect it at the transfer desk.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
I guess you can say that you'll collect it at the transfer desk.
Exactly. They give you a barcoded sticker which you scan at the other biometric check, then turn left and walk out.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I recently rechecked my booking to LYS the week after next and it's moved to T1 I really dislike T1 for a wide range of reasons, not least the inferior lounge. It's very annoying.

Inferior? Personally I really like the BD lounges. Whilst I prefer BA's F lounges over J, the T1 lounges are actually pretty decent although I wish the catering was slightly better.

Quite nice to see people still in BD uniforms too.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:54 am

I've used the BD for the first time recently. Wasn't looking forward to it giving the panning it regularly gets on here.

But I really liked it. My biggest gripe was Pepsi instead of Coke but other than that I found the seating areas worked well, nice views, staff were great and the food was ... well OK. Not Flounge standard of course, but adequate for anyone that's hungry.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Those moaning about the T1 lounge here must be people who never use outstation lounges. I prefer the T5 offering, it's after all BA's flagship location, but T1 (and T3) have pretty good lounges in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly, the things some people worry about.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:40 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I've used the BD for the first time recently. Wasn't looking forward to it giving the panning it regularly gets on here.

But I really liked it. My biggest gripe was Pepsi instead of Coke but other than that I found the seating areas worked well, nice views, staff were great and the food was ... well OK. Not Flounge standard of course, but adequate for anyone that's hungry.
Except that there is not champagne in T1 International Lounge, IMO it is much better than the LGW's First lounge.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by G_G
Except that there is not champagne in T1 International Lounge, IMO it is much better than the LGW's First lounge.
IIRC, when it was a BA lounge (some years ago as my LCA flights went from there before the T5 move) it did not have champagne on display then either.

But you could ask for some and it was produced for you.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've booked LGW-DUB on EI for my next trip rather than LHR-DUB on BA primarily because of the lounges. At LGW I get the No. 1 lounge with hot food cooked to order, a real bar, and a nice view over the runway. At LHR I get... the London Room.

Sort it out BA!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:30 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
The international lounge in T1 was OK I thought when I was in there early the other morning. Bacon baguettes and coffee, nice.

On the other hand, the "lounge" at Toulouse is probably best described as "functional". In its defence, however, it *does* have Leffe 9 in the fridge which knocks any of BA's beer offerings into a cocked hat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.