Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track immigration T3 issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by henry999
The text on the voucher says

> ...present this voucher to the Immigration Officer upon entry...

In fact, it's not an Immigration Officer but a minor HAL functionary guarding the entry to the Tensabarrier maze who collects the ticket.
If the minor HAL functionary (who actually works for OmniServ) allows you to go through, the immigration officer would send you back without the voucher anyway. Perhaps you people should get informed before you travel? They are only doing their job, the minor functionaries.

Last edited by umbyboy; Feb 20, 2017 at 3:56 am
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
We have been told not to give them out on T3 arrivals, I would know for sure the procedure.
Is fast track in T3 for non European citizens only or for all premium class customers?
It is for non-EU only and vouchers, apparently, should be collected by passengers onboard the aircraft before disembarking.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by umbyboy
If the minor HAL functionary (who actually works for OmniServ) allows you to go through, the immigration officer would send you back without the voucher anyway. Perhaps you people should get informed before you travel? They are only doing their job, the minor functionaries.
Erm ... how is that, when by the time you get to the proper Immigration Officer you no longer have the voucher because it was already collected from you by the minor functionary???
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
So exactly the same as T5.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh good. I knew I liked you.
But you don't need one?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Erm ... how is that, when by the time you get to the proper Immigration Officer you no longer have the voucher because it was already collected from you by the minor functionary???
The minor functionary liases with Border Force, if he/she says that you have no voucher you go back to the regular queue.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:05 am

The simple explanation is that

T5: Only used by BA and IB, so BA just pay HAL a fixed rate for all Fast Track. There's no marginal cost per passenger and it's effectively up to BA to police the queue.

T3: Shared with other airlines. You need a way of tracking how many people used Fast Track per operating airline, because each operating airline pays HAL for each passenger who uses FT. Distributing voucher and counting how many are collected by the gatekeeper is - by far - the most convenient option, as opposed to faffing about with recording passenger, airline and FFP details at the queue. So that's what they have settled on.

It has been this way for as far back as I can remember (i.e. 10+ years) at T3 (and operates the same way at T4 (and T2?)).
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA EC
O/T, anyone know if CX offers fast track for Y passenger who are OWS/E?
I know they hang out fast track for F/J pax
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Yes, this is what we have been told, I will restart given them out on all of my T3 arrivals.
Is there no SOP for this? A manual for crew or something?

It's been really hit and miss for me on my T3 arrivals in both club and economy. I don't complain because I carry my own stash, but my parents have now got status, and they're waaaay too timid to fight with a crew member who uses words like:

We have been told not to give them out on T3 arrivals, I would know for sure the procedure.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kt74
, but my parents have now got status, and they're waaaay too timid to fight with a crew member who uses words like:
Well give your parents some assertiveness training, I do it all the time. (Doesn't seem to work though). But they are customers, not on military service transport convoys.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kt74
Is there no SOP for this? A manual for crew or something?

It's been really hit and miss for me on my T3 arrivals in both club and economy. I don't complain because I carry my own stash, but my parents have now got status, and they're waaaay too timid to fight with a crew member who uses words like:
I cannot remember when we were told that Fast track cards were not used in T3, it was a while ago, but rest assured I will be giving them out.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by OSIModel
..I know this is a stupid question by why should Bitish people not be allowed fast track?
Because there are rather lot of them using Heathrow: if they were given fast-track vouchers it would soon stop being fast.

In any case, the term "fast" is relative to the time non-EU passport holders might take using the regular lines. Relative to UK passenger and E-gates, the special lines would be "slow track".
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
The simple explanation is that

T5: Only used by BA and IB, so BA just pay HAL a fixed rate for all Fast Track. There's no marginal cost per passenger and it's effectively up to BA to police the queue.

T3: Shared with other airlines. You need a way of tracking how many people used Fast Track per operating airline, because each operating airline pays HAL for each passenger who uses FT. Distributing voucher and counting how many are collected by the gatekeeper is - by far - the most convenient option, as opposed to faffing about with recording passenger, airline and FFP details at the queue. So that's what they have settled on.

It has been this way for as far back as I can remember (i.e. 10+ years) at T3 (and operates the same way at T4 (and T2?)).
Hi All,
We are flying in to LHR on Oct 4th from PRG in CE. I wasn't sure if there was Fast Track for CE, so I emailed YouFirst to ask about Fast Track and the general process for entering LHR. Two agents from YouFirst have not responded saying there is not Fast Track. Please see below where I have pasted the second rep's response. Is this something new? Is Fast Track no longer offered? I searched for and found on BA's website information about Fast Track being available in T3, but two YouFirst reps have now told me there is no Fast Track immigration at LHR. As always, thanks so much for your help.

From YouFirst:
I can confirm that my colleague Craig is correct and that there is no fast track through immigration for any passenger no matter what class of travel they book.
Immigration is the same for every passenger.
However as Craig has mentioned you will be disembarking before the World Traveller passengers so you should be able to make your way quickly to immigration.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.
Kind regards
Vicky
British Airways You First
We're here to help you
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh dear Vicky and Craig do not have a clue.
There is fast track for immigration for all non European customers travelling in First and CW plus Gold and Silver, Emerald and Samphire Oneworld cardholders.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:32 pm

Oh dear Vicky and Craig do not have a clue.
There is fast track for immigration for all non European customers travelling in First and CW plus Gold and Silver, Emerald and Samphire Oneworld cardholders.
That is what I thought, but then after Vicky "confirmed" that Craig was right, I thought maybe LHR had initiated new rules / procedures. Is there anyway to let BA know without getting them in trouble? I'd just like to see Vicky and Craig get more training.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.