Noise cancelling headphones in CW and F

Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I couldn't live without my QC15's especially in W/Y. On my last trip (a week ago) to Chicago I managed to break the plug and so I had to resort to the standard BA ones (the horror) which mean that I could hear the engines and the poor people around me...never again, I ordered a new cable when I landed!

Oh and on the way back I UG'ed to CW and yes those headphones are pants too.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I appreciate the Bose are going to be superior to the BA offering but it seems as though the BA ones simply don't cancel noise IMO.

On a side point, I swapped my broken QC2s for a new set of QC15s for 115 last month. Very impressed with the new set and they now come with an Apple lead with inline controls ^
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:17 am

For those interested in non bose options then i would offer up 2 alternatives. A cheaper option yet still with great noise cancellation is the Audio Technica ANC7, can be had for about 100 if you shop around.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B000OMKR8E

My recent purchase that i'm extremely pleased with is one for the gadget lovers called Parrot Zik. The noise cancellation is not as "powerful" as Bose however the bluetooth, touch sensitive , motion control , NFC . etc more than make up for it . pricey tho.

http://www.t3.com/reviews/parrot-zik-review
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by skcam
For those interested in non bose options then i would offer up 2 alternatives. A cheaper option yet still with great noise cancellation is the Audio Technica ANC7, can be had for about 100 if you shop around.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B000OMKR8E

My recent purchase that i'm extremely pleased with is one for the gadget lovers called Parrot Zik. The noise cancellation is not as "powerful" as Bose however the bluetooth, touch sensitive , motion control , NFC . etc more than make up for it . pricey tho.

http://www.t3.com/reviews/parrot-zik-review
I paid around 125 for my QC15s. But this was in the US and when the dollar was $2 to 1.

As much as I like the headsets, I sent back their Wave Radio/CD player. It sounded great in the shop, but I wasn't keen on it in my lounge. It's a 6 sided room with 2 sets of french balcony/windows and 2 sets of balcony doors, so that may have had something to do with it. But it just sounded wrong.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I appreciate the Bose are going to be superior to the BA offering but it seems as though the BA ones simply don't cancel noise IMO.

On a side point, I swapped my broken QC2s for a new set of QC15s for £115 last month. Very impressed with the new set and they now come with an Apple lead with inline controls ^
Is the new type of cable available as an accessory or spare?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
You can buy it from amazon/bose costs a fortune for 1m of wire though.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Joely
You can buy it from amazon/bose costs a fortune for 1m of wire though.
Thanks for that, my present lead is suffering from a bit of the "Norman Colliers" so it needs replacing anyhow.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:43 am

Thanks for that, my present lead is suffering from a bit of the "Norman Colliers" so it needs replacing anyhow.
Mine died on the last flight, although I managed to get it to work by wedging an empty bottle of gin between me and the earphone hole in the seat, its not really a long term solution though. I was thinking of getting the iphone cable but it was something like 20 more for the privilege of having the remote so I got the vanilla cable instead. I also ordered a couple of mini extension things so that the plug on the main cable doesn't get quite so abused.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.