Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do BA cancel spa bookings if you self downgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:08 am
Original Poster

I are a spa booking through you first the other week. Since then I have downgraded myself to J. Do you think my spa booking will have been cancelled?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
I are a spa booking through you first the other week. Since then I have downgraded myself to J. Do you think my spa booking will have been cancelled?
I would be really amazed if the YouFirst system is as sophisticated as that! All bookings in Galleries seem really, and rather reassuringly, old technology to me.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
I would be really amazed if the YouFirst system is as sophisticated as that! All bookings in Galleries seem really, and rather reassuringly, old technology to me.
I agree FWIW.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:50 am
Original Poster

That's what I though too.

So one could book a fully refundable F, make a spa booking, cancel the flight and get spa booking for free! One really would have to be a hard core FTer to go through with that scam!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
That's what I though too.

So one could book a fully refundable F, make a spa booking, cancel the flight and get spa booking for free! One really would have to be a hard core FTer to go through with that scam!
The effort involved in that process would be totally disproportionate for a rather poor 10/15 minute "treatment" IMHO.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The effort involved in that process would be totally disproportionate for a rather poor 10/15 minute "treatment" IMHO.
Which is what I meant by being a hard core FTer. Only HCFTers would arrive early to spend more time in a waiting room, shop in a lower class establishment like tesco to get miles, risk their credit rating by taking out a series of credit cards, debate whether north or south security is faster or spend 5k temporarily to get a spa 'treatment'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.