Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus short haul using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Aer Lingus short haul using Avios

Planned to book flight from Shannon to LHR for 4500 Avios on Aer Lingus, but taxes and fees were about $60 per ticket. It was only $67 to buy the ticket so that's what I did. My BA flight from LHR to DUB was 4500 Avios plus $22.50 in fees, and this includes a free checked bag. Did I have any other options for my Shannon to LHR leg? Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Aer Lingus is the only airline operating Shannon to Heathrow.

Remember you need to prepay your checked bag fee online when flying Aer Lingus as the price at the airport is double.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
It looks like you got a Reward Flight Saver (RFS) for your BA sector, wherein BA charges a fixed amount of cash rather than the full set of fees and taxes. Only available on BA and IB.

More detail in the lovingly-constructed dashboard article here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19160499

hth
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dunk
It looks like you got a Reward Flight Saver (RFS) for your BA sector, wherein BA charges a fixed amount of cash rather than the full set of fees and taxes. Only available on BA and IB.

More detail in the lovingly-constructed dashboard article here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19160499

hth
This does help, thanks! And thank you also Stifle for the baggage fee info -- I will take care of this before heading to the airport!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.