UuA after booking

Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

UuA after booking

Hi guys, any ideas if it is possible for me to UuA AFTER I have booked my ticket via the online BA website? I am asking this because the last 3 times I booked, WTP and checked online a few days later, there was UuA availability but I couldn't do it online. There was a popup telling me to phone the local office?

Also, any ideas what I can do to secure the single seat in WTP if at all possible? Do I need to be a gold executive club member ?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Yes, it is possible to UUA after booking. Did you try calling BA?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Yes, it is possible to UUA after booking. Did you try calling BA?
I haven't. I was asking because I was thinking of booking now but wasn't sure if I could use UuA option AFTER I booked. Thanks for the reply
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
You should be able to do it online, but it depends on the complexity of the booking. What was the itinerary of your previous flights?

On selecting a seat, if you're Silver or Gold (or OneWorld equivalent), you can select for free. If you're Bronze, you can select for free at 7 days out. Otherwise you can select your seat at checkin, or pay the stipulated fee to select it in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:25 am
Original Poster

I am only a bronze card holder. But Even if I paid, I can't book the first seat on the WTP cabin where there is 1 seat beside the emergency exit. It seems to be blocked off?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:55 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
I am only a bronze card holder. But Even if I paid, I can't book the first seat on the WTP cabin where there is 1 seat beside the emergency exit. It seems to be blocked off?
Or already taken.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Blocked off or has a Gold/Silver member already chosen it?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I have booked a few times before and it is always blocked. If you check at expertflyer, you will know what I mean. Check the BA25 going from LHR to HKG on 1st August. If you look at the layout, there are a couple of X marked seats - these are blocked rather than occupied. I sat in 29A before and it is so awesome. I want to go on that again

I just checked leaving on 2nd August all seats occupied bar one! ... lol. I checked and it is available though to purchase though BA
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:19 pm

Aren't exit row seats blocked for GCH?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Thats what I thought.

I actually wanted to ask too. If I checked in to WTP, if there are empty seats in CW - but not displayed in UuA availability online, what are the chances of using my 15k avois to upgrade in the counter?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:54 pm

what are the chances of using my 15k avois to upgrade in the counter?
Absolutely zero. You can't use Avios to upgrade at the airport on the day of travel.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Absolutely zero. You can't use Avios to upgrade at the airport on the day of travel.
lol, thanks for the info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.