Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Amex bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Hardly the 'hottest ever' offer... and poor to be reducing the referral rates at the same time.

Do we think the BA/Amex partnership will last? If the MBNA/BMI partnership worked for both parties, will we see a MBNA/BA card in 2013...?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by GavT_london
I got the same email this morning - VERY underwhelmed - spend £11,500 and we'll give you a paltry 3500 avios - WOW
Agree it's not a great offer, but your maths looks a bit dodgy: 3 x £3,500 = £10,500.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by vindaloo
Agree it's not a great offer, but your maths looks a bit dodgy: 3 x £3,500 = £10,500.
Amex's dodgy wording strikes again!

It's not really clear whether it's £3,500 per month for 3500 points each month or 3 x £3,500 per month for 3500 points total.

I would suspect the latter because 1/3 of a point per £ isn't much of a bonus but you never know.

Has anyone contacted Amex to clarify this?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by wyvern
Do we think the BA/Amex partnership will last? If the MBNA/BMI partnership worked for both parties, will we see a MBNA/BA card in 2013...?
One of the reasons people suspect BA are keeping the bmi Credit Cards running even after closing down the rest of diamond club is to give BA a negotiating tool with Amex when their contract is up for renewal.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, BA Amex Premium Plus
Neither Mrs L_T nor myself received any email.

Maybe they blacklisted me after the 40% bonus MR transfer on the Platinum I wasn't eligible and later honored after I politely expressed my dislike.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:18 am

Haven't heard anything about a BA Amex pre-Christmas promo - they usually run something about now, and I want to make sure a couple upcoming large purchases qualify!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Didn't get this email either, but agree with everyone else in how poor it is.

£3,500 with my BMI card will earn me 8,750 Avios, so why on earth would I want to use the Amex, unless of course I was booking a holiday, which I won't be for the next few months.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
BA Amex bonus

I just got this through the mail:

Register now to receive additional Avios on spend between 20 November 2013 and 20 feb 2014.

Simply register your card between 23 Octover and 10 November and, if you spend over £4500, you'll receive one additional Avios for every £1 spent on all purchases, up to £5000 between 20 November and 20 feb 2014.

That's three months of Avios taking you even further. So don't miss out, register today using the details overleaf.

Register today at Amex.co.uk/specialreward

Register between 23 October and 10 November.

Looking at the small print the most extra Avios you'll get out of it is 5000.

"They will then receive one additional Avios per £1 spent[.....] on up to £5000 of purchases on the card.

Worth noting only one offer came despite 2 of us at this address have the Amex card.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by aceman
Got something similar yesterday, only difference being my trigger point is £600 to activate it.

Its a card that is rarely rarely used. I *assume* you use yours more heavily hence the higher trigger.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:04 am
uk1
Suspended

This is really puzzling compared with other offers above.

My wife and I have had seperate BA Prem+ accounts and my spend on my card has been around £15k annually. We've just cancelled hers in the interest of churn.

It is clear on my offer it isn't a monthly spend - just a total spend of £3k for the bonus on up to £5k spend between the dates.

It'd be great if others - who don't object - give an indication of previous spend level and offer spend demanded from Amex to try and see if there's any understandable pattern.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by aceman
Was that Snail Mail or email?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by oscietra
Was that Snail Mail or email?
Snail mail
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by tangey
Got something similar yesterday, only difference being my trigger point is £600 to activate it.

Its a card that is rarely rarely used. I *assume* you use yours more heavily hence the higher trigger.
Yes, I'd say I spend 2-2.5k a month on it. But what's amazing is that they only gave me a £4.5k credit limit! I'm a little annoyed that I prematurely cancelled my BMi card and its £12k limit!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:42 am

BA Amex bonus

I got one today, but I only need to spend over £3k from 20 November to 20 Feb and I get a bonus avios for every poind spend upTo £5. So 2.5 avios per pound.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:28 pm
uk1
Suspended

I'm away from home at the moment and PM'ed Amex to ask them to confirm the detail of my offer and it is different from what I thought it was. Thought I'd post in case others may have misunderstood.

For 5k spend it isn't an extra 5k Avios but just an extra 2k.

Dear uk1,

I would like to inform you that you will receive one extra Avios on each and every transaction after you spend £3,000. The offer is between 20th November, 2013 - 20th February, 2014. This means; if you spend a total of £5,000 within the mentioned timeframe. You will earn 1 extra Avios for the remaining £2,000 spent.

The additional Avios will be applied within 90 days of 20th February, 2014. Also, settling an overseas bill will also qualify for this offer.

If there is any other way in which we may be of assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. We work round the clock and would be happy to help you here at American Express!

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx
Email Servicing Team
American Express Customer Care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.