Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What Question would you ask Willie Walsh on next weeks BBC's Question Time ?

Old Sep 27, 12, 7:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci

Willie Walsh is on next weeks Question Time (BBC1 Thursday 10.45pm)

If you were in the audience and you were chosen to ask him a question what would it be and why?
Old Sep 27, 12, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

I'll start it off with the following:

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Could be a good thread title"Ask Willie Walsh a question".

I would love to ask him how come a redemption booked through BA costs hundreds of pounds in taxes/charges while the exact same redemption booked through IB costs hundreds less.
Old Sep 27, 12, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Unless Willie's a lurker and decides to out himself I think we might be waiting a while for any answers.

I'd also like to ask him when the Avios programme across all three sites is going to be merged into one instead of the mess it's in just now.
Old Sep 27, 12, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Unless Willie's a lurker and decides to out himself I think we might be waiting a while for any answers.

I'd also like to ask him when the Avios programme across all three sites is going to be merged into one instead of the mess it's in just now.
I like the mess, it makes it much more fun!
Old Sep 28, 12, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the BA front, cant they afford some decent coffee in First or Club. What have we done wrong that has given them the understanding that we dont want real coffee. I have never drank Tea and enver will. I appreciate that the wines are okay. However sometimes coffee is needed, yet its horrible. I am a M&S man in the coffee area, BA is more S&M.

However I think he will be complainng about the govt and their aviation policy. I just dont BA. Easyjet have bases around the UK. They seem to make money from their shorthaul flights. Why doesnt BA do this gain some capacity from LHR and invest more back into LHR for the long haul. If he really wants long haul to be expanded.

At the moment our PM is in Brazil. Out of our Euro friends LHR has the least flights to Brazil. This will cause business not to expand as they should. If they want or need to fly then they will, direct flight or not.

He will also complain about the taxes on UK flyers. Also the US airlines who have decided not the pay Euros taxes. Trying to get the yellow people to understand the country away from being in opposition is difficult and I cant see a change on the taxes front.
Old Sep 28, 12, 1:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
Easy - Why are the scones so small?
Old Sep 28, 12, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maigret View Post
Easy - Why are the scones so small?
less fuel needed.
Old Sep 28, 12, 2:54 am

Why did you hand over to the competition a perfectly good airline and so reduce your presence at gatwick to such an extent that the whole operation there looks like it's on life support
Old Sep 28, 12, 3:06 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Why does BA insist on still imposing and calling it a fuel "surcharge". It was introduced as a temporary measure when aviation fuel rocketed in price over a short time period at least 10 years ago.

As fuel is persistently high now, why is this not reset on an annual basis, built into the base fare and only re-imposed if the price subsequently varies by more than x % from the baseline?
Old Sep 28, 12, 3:09 am
uk1
Suspended

What do you believe will be the outcome of the current LHR 3rd runway impasse and when?
Old Sep 28, 12, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
Willie Walsh is on next weeks Question Time (BBC1 Thursday 10.45pm)

If you were in the audience and you were chosen to ask him a question what would it be and why?
I wonder if anybody from FT is going to be in Manchester for QT, would be nice with some tough FT questions for mr Walsh "Last week on BA..."
Old Sep 28, 12, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Polomarc View Post
I wonder if anybody from FT is going to be in Manchester for QT, would be nice with some tough FT questions for mr Walsh "Last week on BA..."
I'm sure the audience is limited to 100 or so but you never know!

I'd like to ask him " Are there any plans in the near future for another 50% redemption sale?"

Now that would be popular
Old Sep 28, 12, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH View Post
Why does BA insist on still imposing and calling it a fuel "surcharge". It was introduced as a temporary measure when aviation fuel rocketed in price over a short time period at least 10 years ago.

As fuel is persistently high now, why is this not reset on an annual basis, built into the base fare and only re-imposed if the price subsequently varies by more than x % from the baseline?
At some point fuel surcharges are going to become a political issue.
Old Sep 28, 12, 5:26 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH View Post

Because then they couldn't sting us for the fuel surcharge separately on an award flight.
Old Sep 28, 12, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Would Willie like LHR move to Boris Island or somewhere else that could cope with more runways.NRT,OSL,KUL are airports that have done this.

Search this Thread