Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Cards on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:13 am

Young rapidex would go mad if he didn't get my gold partner card.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC
The photos are a little concerning for me...2 different names on the cards, one expiry date has expired (10/17) but also a sealed Gold envelope with the Card taken out. Not having ever had one or seen one, is the small round black sticker with BA logo on very sticky and therefore if you were to undo the sticker it would leave a mark or crease etc? Or do you receive 2 cards in 2 envelopes? All clues that can amount as to whether this is genuine or not.

I agree, you could set up an EXEC Club with no real data/points (potential to be stolen) and try, should you wish! I don't know the procedure for getting your money back on eBay or how you are insured should this be a scam. I'm a minority who hasn't used eBay, Amazon (maybe once!). Online shopping just isn't for me, despite being a young-ish tech enthusiast!

Interesting post nonetheless!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Not sure if I am looking at the same auction (based on the price I am) but asking for BAEC number and password? What could possibly go wrong ...
Looking at the other auctions of the same seller (Delta upgrade where user+password) are also requested as well as lots of private (i.e. easy to 'fake') auctions it's pretty obvious that this is a scam.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Not sure if I am looking at the same auction (based on the price I am) but asking for BAEC number and password? What could possibly go wrong ...
Looking at the other auctions of the same seller (Delta upgrade where user+password) are also requested as well as lots of private (i.e. easy to 'fake') auctions it's pretty obvious that this is a scam.
Exactky. Anyone stupid enough to supply their account and password deserves what is coming here....
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, CRC, Delta Plat. Med.
Originally Posted by AdBoy
and WHY NOT?
If I can give away my BA partner gold card to a friend (and perhaps collect 300 quid) why not sell it openly on ebay?
How is it a FRAUD?
BA issues 3 partner cards, it does not specifically say that I cannot sell it, it says I can give it to whoever I please.
I would be pleased to get paid for it.

Secondly, I totally disagree with the condescending "sad" comments, showing supposedly that the person selling partner card has " no friends to give the card to".
My husband and I both are GGL, we get 3 cards each and we live in Canada. We have a lot of friends and family, but because of geographic location they never fly BA by themselves - when we invite them to Europe we take them with us on BA flights, and they are our guests in the lounges. There is no point in giving them the cards, is there.
So should we shred the cards?

I cannot believe that the spirit of snitching and begrudging is so well and alive in this forum.
Fatdickie and demolineux like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Agree. If someone has a spare card and no one to give it to, why not.
,Not hunting anyone, other than the person who receives the card, who will then start chasing status to retain the gold access.😁

Never been in the first lounges myself as have only managed to reach Silver for the first time ever last year
Happy to be a friend if you've a goldcard gathering dust in a drawer . 😋
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arrow2fast
and WHY NOT?
If I can give away my BA partner gold card to a friend (and perhaps collect 300 quid) why not sell it openly on ebay?
How is it a FRAUD?
BA issues 3 partner cards, it does not specifically say that I cannot sell it, it says I can give it to whoever I please.
I would be pleased to get paid for it.
it isn’t fraud but it is clearly against the terms of conditions of the executive club. Breach of those conditions could of course lead to some fairly obvious consequences.
argonath likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 4, 2019 at 12:25 pm
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:27 pm

Shame I didn’t notice this before.
I regularly check for status auctions on eBay.

As virtually all my flights paid with Avios, it would be the only way for me to get status.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Shame I didn’t notice this before.
Wouldn't worry too much. It was 7 years ago the OP was made!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
and WHY NOT.
What a strange, angry rant for a thread that has been dead for years..
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
As was hinted upthread this was done at a FT bash a while back. A gold partner card was auctioned off but it was for charity. Let’s remember that before we pass judgement on a topic that comes up fairly frequently.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by noFODplease
What a strange, angry rant for a thread that has been dead for years..
It might be a way to solicit offers, especially for someone not allowed to post in CC or for items that cannot be "traded" on CC.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by srbrenna
As was hinted upthread this was done at a FT bash a while back. A gold partner card was auctioned off but it was for charity. Let’s remember that before we pass judgement on a topic that comes up fairly frequently.
BUT if I remember properly this was done with the express permission of BA and not just off the cuff thing.

There is a difference between that and someone offering it on eBay for personal gain.
argonath likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
BA issues 3 partner cards, it does not specifically say that I cannot sell it,
Actually, it says exactly that. You cannot sell it.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, it says exactly that. You cannot sell it.
Indeed it does, the GGL T&Cs state:

11. General

11.1. Any purported purchase, sale, transfer, unauthorised use (including bartering), procurement or redemption of Silver/Gold partner Cards and/or Hilton HHonours Diamond Cards issued or awarded to another person or any other use contrary to these Terms and Conditions will constitute a fundamental breach by the Member of these Terms and Conditions and therefore the contract between British Airways and the Member.

11.2. Each Member acknowledges that a breach pursuant to Clause 11.1 above may also constitute an inducement to breach the contract between British Airways and the Member, intentional damage to the business of British Airways, conspiracy and criminal offences under applicable local or national law. Any breach pursuant to Clause 11.1 will constitute Fraud and/or Misconduct and will be dealt with in accordance with Clauses 12 and 13 below.

12. Audit Rights

12.1. British Airways reserves the right to audit a Member's account and records without notice to the Member to check for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. During an audit a Member may be unable to make Gold Guest List Redemption Reward or other Reward bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.