FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   No Gin in T5B. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1383212-no-gin-t5b.html)

MickV Sep 1, 2012 5:32 am

No Gin in T5B.

Right I can stand no gin in the PVG lounge but none in T5B? That is beyond the pale.

When I asked they told me they told me 30 minutes! I'm only here for 25!

Keep your bacon butties, keep your HP sauce and all the rest. The least I expect from BA in their home lounge is a bottle of gin!

Rant over.

henkybaby Sep 1, 2012 5:38 am

At least 30.000 Avios!

(Or wasn't that the question? :))

MickV Sep 1, 2012 5:42 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 19233864)
At least 30.000 Avios!

(Or wasn't that the question? :))

At least! :D

aSWUplz Sep 1, 2012 7:49 am

...and that they no longer have Tanqueray Ten in the Galleries First lounge. Shame on you BA!

T8191 Sep 1, 2012 10:49 am

Originally Posted by aSWUplz (Post 19234279)
...and that they no longer have Tanqueray Ten in the Galleries First lounge. Shame on you BA!

Oh, stuff the Flounce :D

Gin is a staple diet for any true Englishman/woman. Non-provision is an offence against common decency, and should lead to the culprit being hairbrushed by La PUCCI [she of the Bombay & Slim].

thegoderic Sep 1, 2012 12:00 pm

If H. E. Bateman were alive he'd be penning a cartoon right now.

The day they ran out of gin in the BA Lounge

Swiss Tony Sep 1, 2012 12:46 pm

A few years back I was lucky enough to spend New Year's eve in Sydney. We were flying back on CX, but the BA flight was running quite a few hours late as well. Needless to say, the thirsty revellers had drunk the QF lounge out of gin by the time we got there (either that or the staff had decided it was safer not to put any more out!)

T8191 Sep 1, 2012 12:58 pm

I was appalled when the SS Uganda ran out of the ingredients for a Harvey Wallbanger on my cruise to the Falkland Islands in 1983. I believe the RAF contingent applied excessive pressure in that supply area.

I have never cruised with them again. ;)

A certain retired Air Marshal and Knight of The Realm may recall that trip … do you read this forum, C4? ;)

PUCCI GALORE Sep 1, 2012 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 19235011)

Gin is a staple diet for any true Englishman/woman. Non-provision is an offence against common decency, and should lead to the culprit being hairbrushed by La PUCCI [she of the Bombay & Slim].

PUCCI GALORE Sep 1, 2012 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 19235011)

They're always out of something basic. The Lounge Manager is a moron when he shows up for work. Personally I think that he needs a damn good thrashing as he clearly cannot hack the job. Gin. Slim. And what else? Ice?

The half wits working there are useless as well. The gatwick lounge staff leave them standing.

NeverFirst Sep 1, 2012 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 19236081)
They're always out of something basic. The Lounge Manager is a moron when he shows up for work. Personally I think that he needs a damn good thrashing as he clearly cannot hack the job. Gin. Slim. And what else? Ice?

The half wits working there are useless as well.

Are these your colleagues you're talking about? ;)

Also, I seem to remember you were on some sort of internal panel looking at customer experience (I can't remember the details). I hope you brought this up!

Having said that, I like T5B!

MickV Sep 3, 2012 10:43 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 19236081)

The half wits working there are useless as well. The gatwick lounge staff leave them standing.

Amen to that!

Was made to feel positively alcoholic asking for a Gin at 12pm! A comment of we have loads of other hard stuff did not go down well. I. Do not need one more person in my life suggesting a stay in the priory!

If I could ask for something else though! Any chance of a few slices of lime instead of lemon? Pedantic maybe but sure isn't that what this board is all about!