Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Thoughts from my first First - lovely but far from perfect

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts from my first First - lovely but far from perfect

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Lx J seats vary completely. In the a340 (majority) its much inferior to any cw seat. On the a330 its is marginalky better than on cw (and very close to BA nf which is not extraordinary). It also depends on whether you are in a 1 seat or 2 seat row. You really need to be picky but can have an exceptionnal lx J (better than 62A).
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
Originally Posted by PeeTee
But the extra 10 minutes was not spent cleaning our seats as there was still crumbs and sugar on them - I would say the plane was dirty
Our flight left on time and we had a used ear plug on the table beside the seat (that was 1A). With only sugar your seat might actually have been cleaned.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheHak
Lx J seats vary completely. In the a340 (majority) its much inferior to any cw seat. On the a330 its is marginalky better than on cw (and very close to BA nf which is not extraordinary). It also depends on whether you are in a 1 seat or 2 seat row. You really need to be picky but can have an exceptionnal lx J (better than 62A).
Although even with a single seat on a 330 the foot well isn't exactly spacious. And all the seats in bed mode are short (just don't bother if you're over 6') and hard as boards - harder even than BA J, and that's saying something. IMHO not upto the same level as BA J, let alone 62/64A/K or even F! As for the massage function, haha!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Although even with a single seat on a 330 the foot well isn't exactly spacious. And all the seats in bed mode are short (just don't bother if you're over 6') and hard as boards - harder even than BA J, and that's saying something. IMHO not upto the same level as BA J, let alone 62/64A/K or even F! As for the massage function, haha!
Well, try 4A (a la "The Throne") in the mini cabin (doesn't mind if A340 or A330). Very private and more space for your feet when lying flat as they don't slide under the seat in front of you but the wardrobe/storage area in front of you. Well, for this matter all seats in this row are perfectly fine if you're a large person IMHO.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Easier said than done. Never managed to get it in my many lx j flights, when i get UD window seats on most my BA j flights.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
. Well, for this matter all seats in this row are perfectly fine if you're a large person IMHO.
afraid I still can't agree that these seats are better than BA J, let along F. But that is of course only my opinion, and a subjective opinion at that.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:16 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Those of us who like LX can fly LX.

Those who like BA can fly BA.

Those who like LX don't need to preach to those who like BA. And vice versa.

Case closed!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kaneohe0850
Don't leave us hanging....who/what is he/she?
Jamaican Olympian, but I guess you really knew that
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Service was OK but nothing special, I asked to eat slightly later than others and my service was very noticeably rushed, although perfectly polite. I was given a drink after taking off which was not once topped up, nor was I asked if I wanted another. I politely asked for a bottle of water during my flight and cabin crew made it seem like this was really putting her out.
Considering it was F, regarding the service I'd have been a bit harsher than "OK." Cabin crew can make or break a flight experience irrespective of the hard product.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by andset1191

Case closed!
Where is that TR you promised to do "soon"? I got an F return coming up.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: BA
Sounds a bit like the OF aircraft I got coming back from SFO on 19th August. I was in 1K and experienced stiff window blinds, wardrobe doors that didn't shut properly (because of black tape stuck around the bottom edge of the door frame) and the panel with the lifejacket in kept falling off. The flight was delayed leaving as the cleaners had to be called because of breadcrumbs and bits of tissue all over the seats.

When the cleaners arrived, they said the cabin had been perfectly clean when they had left it, but the tissue and breadcrumbs had subsequently come out of the air conditioning system.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by andset1191

Case closed!
Completely agree - and there are the ones who like LX AND BA, like me At some things LX is better, and at some issues clearly BA does a better job!

Sorry if you my post above was interpreted the wrong way, it never had the intention to "preach"...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:51 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Raiding the CW Kitchen...Just a reminder according to FAA regulations on flights into USA, Passengers are required to remain in their designated Cabins.

Today CW Kitchen.....Tomorrow Gitmo. You never know with Gun Happy FAMs
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Kaneohe0850
Don't leave us hanging....who/what is he/she?
He played Richard Branson in a recent Telewest ad.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Considering it was F, regarding the service I'd have been a bit harsher than "OK." Cabin crew can make or break a flight experience irrespective of the hard product.
Yeah TBH the service was poor. This is why I think I would prefer CW with the CW kitchen, at least if I want a drink or snack I can get it myself without being treated like I'm the most difficult person in the world for asking for a bottle of water.

I imagine F service would be a lot better on a day flight. As it was a night flight, I had a definite sense that the crew just wanted us all to go to sleep asap so everything was minimal/rushed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.