Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where is your happy place? (A collection of inspirational travel ideas from FT’ers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is your happy place? (A collection of inspirational travel ideas from FT’ers)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Somewhere in the savannah down in Africa.

Could be Etosha or Imfolozi, into Kruger or Masai Mara, but please let me soak in that athmosphere, in that environment, in that smells . . .
I wish I shared your enthusiasm for Africa....but for some reason I can't.

No idea why.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii. Kayaking, Spinner dolphins and incredible snorkeling. I daydream often...
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I'd have to say it's a place in a country that doesn't exist.

Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
A nice quiet beach to wach the sun go down and enjoy a pint or two (or sangriha) in Ibiza for me. Ahhhhhh bliss.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: Who cares ?
deleted

Last edited by sparkythehamster; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:22 am
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I missed this thread when it started (was away in one of favourite places at the time - Nice) but enjoyed reading it today. Thanks for all your inspirational suggestions. I'd never have thought of Moab but am already plotting my trip...

As for myself, definitely Kerala, no question. Or maybe Sri Lanka. Unless I want a city, in which case it has to be San Francisco. No wait, I mean Kyoto at cherry blossom time...
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
I wish I did not look at this thread now! makes me very sad to look at the Sydney photos

I have to say Sydney was great and definitely a great place to be! but the only thing to beat that is Lord Howe Island (which a trip report will be posted soon!) - it is a completely different world from anything I have ever experienced!

/AE
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
- swimming in the South China Sea seeking solace and coolness after a hike under the searing sun on Lantau Island in Hong-Kong...
Exactly what i was doing just a couple of days ago

For me... through a combination of memories and the sheer peacefulness of the place - Rawlinson Nab in the Lake District. On the water at 7/8am on a summer's day, there is very little to match it.

Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by henkybaby
If anyone has a good suggestion within a 4 hr drive of Toulouse... ^^^

I need a change of scenery but I don't want to fly. (Yes, I know, ban me... )
Probably you have been there, but I absolutely love the Lot valley east of Cahors. I prefer the small villages (like Calvignac) to the more popular tourist spots (like St Cirq Lapopie). Not many good hotels in that area, but some very good holiday rentals. A very unspoiled area, with some stunning scenery.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
Without doubt Sri Lanka, great food, great weather, great variety and IMO the friendliest most genuine people I have ever encountered on holiday. Starting with a few nights in the Galle Face Hotel Colombo followed by train down the West coast to South coast, sipping Lion Lager on the beachfront before heading into Yala NP to see the elephants and leopards. Hire a driver up the Hill Country and sea plane to the north. Bliss
Honorary mention to Kruger too, having a braai and an ice beer in Satara restcamp as hungry hyenas prowl the perimeter fence
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
South Andros in the Bahamas (fly-fishing), Loweswater in the Lake District (walking) or Tokyo (eating) - the three staples of happiness.

Although I really should try Moab.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
My happy place..........

......Crookhaven, West Cork
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:11 pm

Beach happy place: Bali. Far from the prettiest beaches in the world, but a truly relaxing and affordable place to soak up some good vibes and culture.

Big city happy place: Rome. I just never seem to tire of Rome. I find myself going back at least once every two or three years.

Wish I can think of a small obscure city that sticks out, but nothing jumps out as a definitive at the moment.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
For me, I have a few but I have only really been bitten by the travelling bug so there is time for more yet especially following some of the suggestions above.

Maui / Hawaii (Big Island)

For me Hawaii is "That place" that if I would happily live out my days in, So peaceful, tranquil. laid back and tropical with all the benefits of still being part of the US

Stanley (Hong Kong)

How a place like this exists in the hustle, bustle and chaos of Hong Kong always facinates me but it was so peaceful and such a lovely little place with a few reminders of home (Pubs etc).

Pai (Thailand)

Probably the totally opposite of the above.

The little hippy retreat in the Thai mountains is the true expression of laid back, No one does anything totally chilled out and driving a car from Chaing Mai up the mountains is one of the craziest but most fun roads I have ever driven lol!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.