Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where is your happy place? (A collection of inspirational travel ideas from FT’ers)

Where is your happy place? (A collection of inspirational travel ideas from FT’ers)

Old Aug 24, 12, 2:12 pm

Nothing about honeymoons please!
Old Aug 24, 12, 2:14 pm

Aspen, Colorado in the fall.

Downtown Palm Springs when the lemon trees are blooming.

A quiet street in the French Quarter in New Orleans in the spring.
Old Aug 24, 12, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by MNManInKen View Post
I have to say Utah is as far from my happy place as things could be
Is it still that bad?
Old Aug 24, 12, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
Is it still that bad?
Worse!
Old Aug 24, 12, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club

Anywhere in the world as long as im with my beautiful wife and daughter and they are both smiling
Old Aug 24, 12, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Scuba diving in Aruba,

Walking the west highland way from kinlochleven to Glencoe
Old Aug 24, 12, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain View Post
Mine is off the coast of Thailand near the Simeon Islands.. Incredible Place and Incredible Diving
Snap on that. Plus lying under a big oak tree on Maui, overlooking West Maui, before a lovely piece of seared tuna, straight out of the pacific.

T
Old Aug 24, 12, 3:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Gold, HH D, BA Silver
Same locations but at two times of the year;

-the hush of heavy snow falling around you as you cross country ski or snowshoe through an untracked wooded area a few miles away from civilisation and then stop on the bank of a lake or river and enjoy an open fire to boil some water for tea or soup and watch a deer or wolf cross the ice...

-the same area in the autumn when the leaves are turning colour and the weather is changeable, using a couple of canoes with 1-3 friends and stopping each night on the sandy shores, sitting around an open fire staring at the embers that you have cooked a nice fish meal you caught that day...

Doesn't matter where this is: it could be North America, Russia or Scandinavia...just as long as it is peaceful and away from civilisation.
Old Aug 24, 12, 4:25 pm

For me, there's no place like home.
Old Aug 24, 12, 4:27 pm

I'm in London on a job, which is fine, but if I had my druthers...Broome.
Old Aug 24, 12, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Anywhere in California (Los Angeles excepted), Nevada (Las Vegas excepted) Arizona, Colorado & Wyoming. In fact anywhere in the Rockies and west of the Rockies.

San Francisco, Yosemite, Sierra Nevada, Lake Tahoe, Santa Rosa, Sonora, Napa Valley, Pismo Beach, Lone Pine, Death Valley, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Purgatory and Durango, Palm Springs, San Diego, Casper, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Rock Springs, Sedona, Jackson Hole and Yellowstone National Park.

Off to SAN next month then on to La Quinta. CW to SAN andCW return from LAX. Can't wait
Old Aug 24, 12, 4:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Cornwall. Preferably one of the less inhabited bits.
Old Aug 24, 12, 4:57 pm

I'm currently away for work but I'd rather be home for a few pints at the http://www.bluesfestival.co.uk/ ^ Generally speaking, anywhere in Southern California would most certainly fit the bill at any time.
Old Aug 24, 12, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Difficult to choose a single place. To some extent, it would depend on the season and mood I am in. A few vignettes of places likely to rank high on the list of places I would associate with happiness:
- sipping a drink or having a light bite on a sunny December day on the port in Cassis, near Marseille;
- walking in the Mourne mountains in county Down or driving through the rolling hills of South Armagh, in Ireland;
- cycling through Southern Burgundy and the wine villages of the cote Chalonnaise and of Beaujolais in the autumn;
- marvelling at how incredible nature can be in the Namib desert;
- devouring a portion of DanDan noodles in Vancouver after a day of walking in the Rockies around, say, Squamish;
- swimming in the South China Sea seeking solace and coolness after a hike under the searing sun on Lantau Island in Hong-Kong...
Old Aug 24, 12, 6:43 pm

Programs: GGL, Cats protection
Originally Posted by MNManInKen View Post
I have to say Utah is as far from my happy place as things could be
I love Utah as well, the hot days and the light as the sun goes down, the cool lakes to swim in, great

Sitting on the rocks at Limekiln state park watching Orcas go by 20ft from the cliffs made me happy this summer http://www.thesanjuans.com/san-juan-...ate-park.shtml

Search this Thread
Search Engine: