Question on OLCI and LHR T5

Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Question Question on OLCI and LHR T5

Hello,

I'll be travelling SAN-ORD-LHR-MAA by AA(first leg) and thereafter BA. Will the OLCI allow me to print BPs for both ORD-LHR and LHR-MAA legs?

Also, I will be connecting at T5 and have seen that pay phones are available and can be used with cash/card. Do these also accept US dollars as cash? Any recommendations on purchasing a calling card to call US from T5 using these pay phones?

Thank you!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Hello, if you cannot do it at checkin the BA agents can do your through boarding passes at ORD. my own experience is that an AA ticket wasn't able to checkin directly the BA flights until I saw a BA agent and they did the passport and visa check.

For roaming sim, I use TruSim and i register a local number at my destination. So when I head stateside I add a us number for Ł5 a month. I am sure cheaper sims are available.

Not sure if you've one world emerald or sapphire I'm sure in some of the lounges there are phones that allow free calls or consider Skype from lounge if thats an option.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by newsdmaa
Hello,

I'll be travelling SAN-ORD-LHR-MAA by AA(first leg) and thereafter BA. Will the OLCI allow me to print BPs for both ORD-LHR and LHR-MAA legs?

Also, I will be connecting at T5 and have seen that pay phones are available and can be used with cash/card. Do these also accept US dollars as cash? Any recommendations on purchasing a calling card to call US from T5 using these pay phones?

Thank you!
Yes it should do. Normally the second BA sector comes available for OLCI after the first, so long as it is on one PNR. This allows you to OLCI well before T-24 so you can have both Boarding Passes before you travel. Occasionally the second flight is not ready for this - the time gap being nearer T-48 - but I've only come across that on the longer long hauls from Asia and South America. The worst case scenario is that you will have to pick up a boarding card at Flight Connections, and so long as there are no bad irrops that day, there is rarely much queuing there (especially in CW or F). You won't have to go landside.

Using pay phones in T5 is a bit quaint these days. I doubt that any of them take cash dollars, but as you say no problem with credit cards. If you have your PC then there is wifi for Skype / VOIP. Also your onboard HighLife magazine will have a Lycos card you can top up. And there are phone cards for sale in WH Smith, which has a branch by the South Lounge complex (and 2 other branches airside).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.