FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your guide to spending Avios [Beta] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1379276-your-guide-spending-avios-beta.html)

nrdk Dec 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by soy (Post 22058339)
Booking it all together will not increase the avios cost as awards are priced per segment. You will not find any EI short haul availability so DUB-LHR will have to be BA and you will need to get a seperate revenue ticket for CDG-DUB.

Why won't CDG > DUB be found on Aer Lingus (services direct)

moondog Dec 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by nrdk (Post 22058402)

You need to call ba for this (addressed in the wiki post I think).

TOMFORD Dec 31, 2013 5:05 pm

When can I book a flight for Dec 23, 2015? BA's website lets me book on Jan 3. Is there something else that restricts booking award tickets X days before departure?

stifle Dec 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by nrdk (Post 22058402)

Aer Lingus does not release much if any short-haul reward inventory to BA. Its normal way of doing rewards for its own members is they phone up and the agent calls revenue management to ask whether or not a seat can be released on the flight they want.

daftboy Jan 2, 2014 4:15 am

241 - Temporary one way booking

A question for you wise ones - I intend to make a booking using a 241 voucher (from the BA PP Amex) and will be short of the total Avios needed until after a trip to SIN in February. It's generally correct to say that I can book one leg now, and then call up to add later to add a second leg to the booking, isn't it? And I'd have to pay the service fee in addition to the extra TFCs etc?

In this case, the leg I want to book first is the return to the UK (from CUN, which doesn't have daily flights and is currently showing availability for my dates) - can I do this, or do one-ways need to originate in the UK? (Even though eventually I intend to add a leg from LHR to commence the journey)

stifle Jan 2, 2014 5:26 am

First paragraph is correct. Second paragraph: afraid it has to originate in the UK :(

daftboy Jan 2, 2014 5:41 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 22066708)
First paragraph is correct. Second paragraph: afraid it has to originate in the UK :(

Thanks stifle; I thought that might be the stumbling block. Oh well, nothing I can do about it, I'll just have to look again next month and see what is available then.

saaveraward Jan 3, 2014 8:20 am

Forgive me is this is upthread.

If I want to book a flight on QF with avios and change the date later (same routing, class of service, etc) is there a fee? If so, does it increase closer to the travel date?

Thanks

stifle Jan 3, 2014 10:22 am

The fee is £25 online or £40 on the phone and is the same up until 24 hours before the departure of the first flight in your booking, after which stage changes will result in the loss of all Avios. Date changes are of course subject to reward availability.

moondog Jan 3, 2014 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 22075845)
The fee is £25 online or £40 on the phone and is the same up until 24 hours before the departure of the first flight in your booking, after which stage changes will result in the loss of all Avios. Date changes are of course subject to reward availability.

Thx. I actually didn't know this. It's going to suck when I lose my gold status.

stifle Jan 3, 2014 2:38 pm

The fee is waived for Gold members, in case you also didn't know that.

moondog Jan 3, 2014 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 22077695)
The fee is waived for Gold members, in case you also didn't know that.

I only knew that I've never been asked to pay fees. I assumed this was the same for all members.

fat_abbott Jan 6, 2014 4:46 am

Is there a reason why availability for the first week in Feb would disappear?

I was looking at NCL-YYZ and it has vanished for that week, is there a rule that removes availability less than 30 days away? And if so, would making a call be any use to get it booked or are those seats gone?

LondonElite Jan 6, 2014 6:30 am

What an awesome thread! Thank you Grand Union and others!

Catch23 Jan 6, 2014 7:05 am

Prospero :

The section on ticket change fees/cancellations is not correct as i understand it. Fees are per person and you are charged the lesser of the taxes or the fee (ie a one way RFS zone 1 will 'cost' £13.50 to cancel) :

04 Ticket changes and cancellations

Date or time changes are permitted up to 24 hours prior to the departure of the first flight sector on your ticket. There is a change fee (£25/€25/US$40 per person) plus an additional offline fee (£15/€15/US$25) which applies when the change is made via your local BAEC service centre

Cancellations are also permitted. So long as you cancel your ticket no later than 24 hours prior to the departure of the first flight sector on your ticket, you will receive a full refund of Avios Points as well as the taxes, fees, and surcharges paid minus a nominal redeposit fee (£25/€25/US$40 or all taxes, whichever is the lesser). The additional offline fee also applies to redeposits.