Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Certain flights showing incorrect redemption availability - 17/08/2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix

Hi Guys,

Have been trying to book the BA1483 from GLA to LHR (for travel on 23-08-2012) on ba.com and every time I try to book it the transaction returns that it has been sold out.

Called the BAEC just now and have been informed that certain flights are showing incorrect redemption availability and they have no ETA for the fix.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or know more about it?

The guy said I should try my luck later today so see whether it goes through or not.

/AE
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Anyone else experiencing this issue or know more about it?
Without an alternate source to check the "correct" availability, most people would not be able to determine whether they are experiencing the issue, or not.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Without an alternate source to check the "correct" availability, most people would not be able to determine whether they are experiencing the issue, or not.
Well I would have thought that if ba.com does display the flight available for booking redemption that there is indeed space on that flight for redemption otherwise it will simply not offer it?

Just checked AwardNexus and it is reporting the same thing that I can see on ba.com.

I guess for now I have to take the BAEC advice to try again later.

/AE
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was trying to redeem,the other day and despite availability showing,got a wierdly worded error each time-looked like a coding bug.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Earthman
I was trying to redeem,the other day and despite availability showing,got a wierdly worded error each time-looked like a coding bug.
Is it this same error:

The flight selected has sold out whilst you have been completing your transaction. Sorry, please try another BA flight.
If not you might have a different error - did you manage to book it after all?

/AE
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:58 am

I had this with a revenue ticket last week, BA8039 (ex bmi flight) would go right through the process with card info and then came back with the "flight sold out error"...tried about 4 times then ended up booking the later flight!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:41 am

Same problem here angeloedades, when trying to book LAS - LHR it was showing availability in First, but when I clicked to book I got an error message. This went on for a good week. I can't recall the message, and I don't want to look again because I have now cancelled my trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.