Wiki Posts
Search

A week of Firsts coming up

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by OrchardTravel
I've just checked - It is indeed an "A" class fare.

I have no idea what that means.
BA sell 2 First Class fare buckets, F (full fare) and A (discounted)
They sell 5 Club fares (J,C,D,R & I - in descending order of price)

If you go to book a round trip in discounted club, there might be I space available on the outbound, but only J (fully flexible) on the inbound. If A class is cheaper than J then the BA.com system will put you in A (and it does tell you on the right hand side of the screen).

Hope that makes sense!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
BA sell 2 First Class fare buckets, F (full fare) and A (discounted)
They sell 5 Club fares (J,C,D,R & I - in descending order of price)

If you go to book a round trip in discounted club, there might be I space available on the outbound, but only J (fully flexible) on the inbound. If A class is cheaper than J then the BA.com system will put you in A (and it does tell you on the right hand side of the screen).

Hope that makes sense!
Very much so, thank you. Seems to be a route with 70%+ New First as well. That would be nice.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
I've just booked a short LAX to SFO on AA so will get to sample the OW lounge before the main event, if it's in the same terminal!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I don't think you will, as AA flights use T4, not the TBIT.

Not sure how much use this is but about 5 years back we had IRROPS and were taken by taxi from Palm Springs to LAX, where UA had booked us onto the p.s. First Class service to JFK. The lines for security were horrific but as FC pax we were ushered right to the front - absolute godsend, esp. since we had a 2 month old baby with us!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Quick question...

1a and 1k have opened up for the return flight, which isn't for 9 days. If I were to pick these could I be bumped if someone more important than me turned up? I thought these would only open up at T-72. Or, has BA recognised that my two domestic AA P class sectors will push me over 1500 tier points by then.

I don't believe the last option for a minute BTW.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
1A / 1K may have opened up as part of the seat allocation issues BA is having at the moment. I can't begin to imagine that MMB is working out how many TPs you will have at time of departure!!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
1A / 1K may have opened up as part of the seat allocation issues BA is having at the moment. I can't begin to imagine that MMB is working out how many TPs you will have at time of departure!!
We can dream though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.