Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

At the moment we are also experiencing some technical issues with seat allocations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

At the moment we are also experiencing some technical issues with seat allocations?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Have upgraded a flight to First with Avios.
MMB won't let me choose a seat, and there is no seat auto allocated.

You First tell me
"At the moment we are also experiencing some technical issues with seat allocations"

Is that right? Anyone else seeing issues? I have a feeling it may be more something more to do with the upgrade with Avios?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:23 am

Edited because original response was incorrect -there are technical problems with seat allocation.

Last edited by leavingonajetplane; Aug 14, 2012 at 6:44 am Reason: Remove incorrect information
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Flight is Sunday GRU - LHR.

It lets me see the seat map.

When I try and select a seat (not 1A or 1K) it says:
Sorry, we are unable to confirm your seat request(s) at this time. Please try again later or check in at the earliest opportunity in order to choose the best available seat(s)
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like for any similar problem, pick up the phone and call BA.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Like for any similar problem, pick up the phone and call BA.
Yeah I am on hold now. Silver Line and You First both say there is an issue with First seating allocations atm.....

Interesting!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAS Gold
If you don´t have a GC in your status, you will get that error message when you press enter after having chosen 1A or 1K.
Might be other issues, though, if you are a GCH.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks, but as above, not trying to select 1A or 1K.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:49 am

I've had this problem too, today. I rang EC to try and get 20E/F for our flight to MIA this sunday. I spoke to a v helpful lady who was unable to make the the seating change because the system has had a fault since sometime yesterday. She was expecting it to be sorted at about 1115 today (or that may simply have been because 1115 is T-48 for our flight; at that point the seating plan "is handed over to the airport", apparently).

She took my number and at 1230 left a voicemail confirming we now have 20E/F. MMB still shows our original seats and shows 20E/F as greyed out, so I phoned EC again. They were able to confirm that we really do have those seats and that MMB is going to take some time to update.

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thdw
I've had this problem too, today. I rang EC to try and get 20E/F for our flight to MIA this sunday. I spoke to a v helpful lady who was unable to make the the seating change because the system has had a fault since sometime yesterday. She was expecting it to be sorted at about 1115 today (or that may simply have been because 1115 is T-48 for our flight; at that point the seating plan "is handed over to the airport", apparently).

She took my number and at 1230 left a voicemail confirming we now have 20E/F. MMB still shows our original seats and shows 20E/F as greyed out, so I phoned EC again. They were able to confirm that we really do have those seats and that MMB is going to take some time to update.

Hope that helps!
Thank does help, thank you! I don't suppose you happen to her direct line though do you?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:42 am

Lol, no - I was thinking I wished I had it when I called back the second time! The guy who answered seemed well versed in the problem with seat bookings today so you should be ok... I've always found the EC staff v helpful on the phone and very reliable when they offer to call me back.^
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:58 am

A quick bump to see if anyone else is still unable to select seats?

I thought I had sorted this yesterday, however this morning MMB is now showing us in completely different seats on different rows of the plane (17B, 18B). This is a bit of an irritation because not only are there now no pairs of seats together but two seats v close to one another have opened up on the UD.

I've just telephoned EC who tell me that they cannot move my seating allocation - or anyone else - because their system is broken and I will just have to wait until OLCI. I can see that being a bit of a bunfight (as the flight is likely oversold). It's a bunfight which we will miss as we will be halfway down the M4 on the way to London at 1115hrs.

Any other FTers experiences gladly welcomed!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Thdw
A quick bump to see if anyone else is still unable to select seats?

I thought I had sorted this yesterday, however this morning MMB is now showing us in completely different seats on different rows of the plane (17B, 18B). This is a bit of an irritation because not only are there now no pairs of seats together but two seats v close to one another have opened up on the UD.

I've just telephoned EC who tell me that they cannot move my seating allocation - or anyone else - because their system is broken and I will just have to wait until OLCI. I can see that being a bit of a bunfight (as the flight is likely oversold). It's a bunfight which we will miss as we will be halfway down the M4 on the way to London at 1115hrs.

Any other FTers experiences gladly welcomed!
YYep and usual cr*p situation. Am off to SFO and got put in row 41 even though the "good seats" are available. Rang up but nothing doing as system bust and too far ahead (36 hours) for Airport to do anything. He did take my number so was hopeful! This morning, phoned again, nothing doing, good seats have gone and I am now in row 30 (supposedly) although still shows 41 in MMB (although had this before where seat was in booking but showed up differently on MMB).

My booking also has an AA sector from SJC -BOS and as a BA Gold I am entitled to Preferred Seating. However, AA website won’t let me allocate so rang up AA and spent 30 minute with total mor*ns who insist that I need to be BA Platinum!!!! After 4 goes I finally get through to the Supervisor and it seems the AA call centre in Fiji have no idea about anything other than AA status, don't know how to enter a partner airline FF and are just incompetent all round. After trying 4 times to make me pay £34 for the seat assignment the Supervisor offered to "call me back" when she had fixed it. High odds that I will get no call, or seat, so will wait for the UK call centre to open.

Just goes to show how the Airline's IT, Training, partnering is often a total waste of time. Just like when they mention you can contact "any of our oneworld partners" when you just know they will have no idea and send you back to the original source.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:31 am

Oh blimey, your situation sounds even odder then ours!

We are now "unallocated" according to MMB and every seat is showing as occupied. We'll wait and see what happens at the airport - I'm sure we'll get there one way or the other... with any luck we'll get there on the flight we booked! It's just a shame after making quite a bit of effort to ensure we had a)good seats and b) good seats together!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Still a problem, I can't move my seats. Can't be bothered to call in though as I'm in row 6 which will do.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
just to show the "in-equity" of OLCI, I checked in 1 second after it opened and my seq number is 69.

If you don't bag your seat prior to OLCI and are leaving from LHR then chances are that the connecting pax are going to get anything decent and leave you with what's left (given that they will have been able to check in more than 24 hours before the long haul portion leaves)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.