Singapore lounge, F now J and vv

Old Aug 7, 12, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Singapore lounge, F now J and vv

I only saw this cross-referenced in another thread. But QF/BA lounges have been switched at SIN. The old business lounge is now for F, J and Y oneworld Emarald. The First lounge is now effectively a Sapphire lounge, ie Y with Sapphire status.

Apparently this has happened as a result of the new schedules that have lead to leading to increased bunching of flights in the late evening. I did not see any work on a new F lounge, but understand that that it is in the pipeline, which would be good as this temporary arrangement is quite poor. There is champagne, but otherwise feels like a middle of the road J lounge with very (very) slow wifi... There are no PCs left, just the Macs that run off the slow wifi.
Old Aug 7, 12, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA silver
It is a good thing that the F lounge is being upgraded, it was getting old fast.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ge-refurb.html
Old Aug 7, 12, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes, this has been the case for a while now and it's due to the expected refurbishment of the lounges. The old F lounge was never that great and I always preferred the old J lounge.
Old Aug 8, 12, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Yes, the switch is all to enable construction to start on the new F lounge - rumoured to be based on the SYD and MEL design which should be good.

I actually liked the old F lounge!
Old Aug 8, 12, 1:49 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by matthandy View Post
The old F lounge was never that great and I always preferred the old J lounge.
Seriously? I always thought that the F lounge was nice, definitely better than the claustrophobic J lounge. Friendly staff, always offering nice hot food taster dishes, and it also had a good shower suite.
Old Aug 8, 12, 1:51 am

Programs: ABBA
Is champagne still out on the side? Are there still power sockets?
Old Aug 8, 12, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gms View Post
definitely better than the claustrophobic J lounge
Are you really referring to the old J lounge? It was huge. Not sure how it could be described as claustrophobic. The shower suites in the F lounge were nice though.
Old Aug 8, 12, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paulwuk View Post
Is champagne still out on the side? Are there still power sockets?
Yes it was Joseph Perrier when I was there. Power points were available, but the wifi was really really painfully slow.

On the point further above, always thought that J lounge was quite open with the floor to ceiling windows overlooking check-in.

Last edited by Dan72; Aug 8, 12 at 4:33 am
Old Aug 8, 12, 5:07 am
uk1
Suspended

I always felt the F lounge was a real dissapointment - particularly the snacks etc. Anyone know how long the old F lounge renovations are planned to take?

Perhaps someone passing through either BA SIN lounge can ask?

Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 12, 5:34 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
I always felt the F lounge was a real dissapointment - particularly the snacks etc. Anyone know how long the old F lounge renovations are planned to take?

Perhaps someone passing through either BA SIN lounge can ask?

Thanks.
From the QF board... there doesn't seem to be any further updates since Red Roo's post.

Originally Posted by Red Roo View Post
We are excited to let you know that we are building a new First Lounge in Singapore, due to open at the end of the year. The new First Lounge will offer greater space and additional seating for our guests when it opens; in the meantime we are making a change to our Singapore lounges to enhance the current lounge experience

Search this Thread