Wiki Posts
Search

progress on the 767/777 refurbishments?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Hi Kalderadrums

Welcome to flyertalk.

your flight to BGI will be from London Gatwick and all these aircraft have the current CW product, however none of them have been refitted with the new WT or WT+ cabins or the Thales IFE which is what you get on the 77W, however its the same CW cabin and any flights with F will also have NF

cs
Ok great thanks - do you know if the entertainment system is the touchscreen system - as we had this the last time we went in Feb 2012, but not in July 2012. I'm not that up to speed on what system is what e.g Thales, AVOD etc.

Thanks,
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by Kalderadrums
Ok great thanks - do you know if the entertainment system is the touchscreen system - as we had this the last time we went in Feb 2012, but not in July 2012. I'm not that up to speed on what system is what e.g Thales, AVOD etc.

Thanks,
As CS said, it won't be Thales, ... but it could be touchscreen as opposed to the ancient 12 channel loop system. Basically, if it is a RR engined 777 it will have touchscreen, if GE it is likely to have loop. As I have said before, on this forum: If I am on the flight, it will have loop !

PS, I am not on your flight
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
BTW Thales is the 'new supa-dupa' AVOD system being rolled out slowly.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by onaswan
As CS said, it won't be Thales, ... but it could be touchscreen as opposed to the ancient 12 channel loop system. Basically, if it is a RR engined 777 it will have touchscreen, if GE it is likely to have loop. As I have said before, on this forum: If I am on the flight, it will have loop !

Ha ha - ok excellent thanks for the info - and sorry you won;t be on the flight!

Hoping for a RR engine then!!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:15 pm

All LGW 777's 'should' be AVOD. The 3 class have been for a while and the few 4 class swapped from IA/IB a while back to later ones, IU/V/W/X/Y to ensure a common IFE on all LGW aircraft. There's typically one or two rollers down there too which are all AVOD.

I wouldn't expect to see Thales there for the same reason.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by BAW217
IIF was having a D check, which is why it was out of service since 10 December.
You've probably all seen it already but if you want to know what a D Check is search for BBC Engineering Giants 747 and see one being done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01l1w71

And the YouTube program.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...E1oqOgiIkWzllQ
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Any news about ZZZA and ZZZB? I'm on BA73 on Jan 31st, hoping to get the refurbished cabin. By the way, are there any photos of all cabins before and after the upgrade?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BAW217
Originally Posted by brill101
Also, G-VIIF returned from CWL. According to the earlier plan, this a/c should not be refurbed till April but it has been out of service for a month?
IIF was having a D check, which is why it was out of service since 10 December.
If an aircraft is in for a D check would it not make sense to have fitted NF at the same time rather than strip it apart again at a later date?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
On a side note, I've heard that 747s from 1997 onwards will be getting a refit also.

This is galley talk mind you. Was wondering if anyone would be able to confirm this.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:28 pm

It would definitely make sense if the newer 747s get the refit, but saying that it should have already been done.

I read somewhere else that they can potentially last until 2020, and with the delays + BMI/new routes it would seem they need to keep these aircraft on for longer than expected.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'd heard it's now 2023.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Wouldnt surprise me if we see all 744s refitted with NF and also all 763s refreshed instead of the 7 planned WFUs.

Mind you, if any of this does happen I also expect Boeing will be part funding it the saem way as they did the 14 763 refreshes that are currently taking place and the 77W leases etc

cs
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver; SPG Gold; UA; DL; AA
Originally Posted by onaswan

funny, i feel the same way... my luck with selecting JFK/EWR flights is really awful! even some of the recent longhauls to NBO, JRO and CPT have had the craptastic loop system. if it weren't for the ease of keeping Silver, i'd be on Emirates by now...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Peppep
Any news about ZZZA and ZZZB? I'm on BA73 on Jan 31st, hoping to get the refurbished cabin. By the way, are there any photos of all cabins before and after the upgrade?
They look almost exactly like the 77W, except with 17F seats rather than 14.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Peppep
Lucky guy - got the first NF on that route for over a week

http://www.ftdashboard.net/dest/auh.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.