Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the best approach for booking 241?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Whats the best approach for booking 241?

Hi

I want to make a CW 241 booking. It will be a 3 week trip and, being a 241, I need to book it as a return trip.

Can 241s easily be changed online? I was wondering if I should book as soon as I see the outbound become available and just book any return date. A few weeks later when the return date becomes available (assuming it does!) I could then change the inbound to that.

Is this the approach generally taken when booking 241s or do I need to wait until return flight comes available before makign the booking?

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
241s are easy to change online as long as they are simple returns, not open jaw. Otherwise, they can be changed by phone.

The consensus on here is usually to book when you can and change your return later, hoping what you want becomes available. There's very little risk as 241s are easily cancelled if the worst comes to the worst and you don't get what you want.

Have a good trip.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Lots of useful info in this thread.....
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the info. I'll go look and book either a one way to change later or a dummy return that I can try and change later.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

So just to clarify, if I want to fly out WT+ and back CW could I do one of the following

1) Book a WT+ one way online when the outbound date becomes available
2) When the return becomes available 3 weeks late, call up and add a CW return

or

1) Book a WT+ return online when the outbound date becomes available with any return date (the outbound date has actually just become available and there are return dates a few day later)
2) When the return I want becomes available 3 weeks later, call up and change the WT+ return to CW for my desired date
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
Hi,

I have just gone through exactly the same process this week.

I was looking to book using miles and 2-4-1 to the US this September but could not find a return trip in the class I wanted due to no availability.

After speaking to BAEC they suggested that I booked my OUT leg in WT+ and my IN leg in F, I can then move my OUT leg into J or F should any availability show up as I get closer to the date in question.

The cost to change is free, but obviously I may get charged a few more miles and some more tax if a higher class opens up.

Hope that this helps.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Are you sure the cost to change is free? I would expect a Ł25 change fee per ticket (unless you have a gold card, when it is waived).
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
I was told there was no fee, but am a GCH so maybe that is why.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I just booked a WT+ return for outbound date I require. In a couple of weeks when the date of my desired return come up I will see if there is availability and change date and class of return then.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by chessers1
I was told there was no fee, but am a GCH so maybe that is why.
Yes the fee's are waived for GCHs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.