First Class Amenity Kits

Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by linenbasket
On a related note, does anyone happen to have an older spare F tower bridge (or possibly boat) Anya bag (no contents) they would be willing to part with? Mine is now looking a little worse for wear... More than happy to send a few in return and of course cover postage
Do you just mean that the one you have is dirty? I've found that they launder well. (I was a bit worried about the leather pull tabs but they have come through just fine.)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlatusAntiquus
Thank you, darthlemsip, for such a prompt response. ^

As for the container and its contents, I see that there have not been any changes since my last F flight. Am I the only male passenger who would like to see a small comb included in the kit?
It seems fairly unanimous that the kit is hopeless - which supports my view>
EK is soooo much better!

On a recent overnight BA flight I asked for a comb or a brush.
Crew member informed me that the best they could do was a dustpan and brush! It was said with a smile and I appreciated the humour. But then thought it ridiculous that none were available. As someone that travels without any hand luggage, it would be appreciated and the cost to BA would be around 2p
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le mdecin personnel PUCCI GALORE
Elemis do great products for both men and women. In J this is too much to organise I suspect (although CX do it) but in F I'm sure products could be specific to gender. This way they keep the brand partner in both premum cabins. I'm sure most men do not want eye gel and the likes but a razor and some decent shaving cream/moisturiser would be great.

The new eye masks are rubbish BTW - the old flannel-lined ones are ace and I have friends and family on wait lists for them should they reappear!

I would also like to see proper mouthwash (can't stand the DR Harris one) in bags (J and F) and pyjamas with pockets like VS (really useful for earplugs etc that fall everywhere when you move) - you are right DYKWIA, they have gone downhill.

The 'new' Anya bags are useless - all packaging and no substance (although we do use one at home for storing things in) and I loved the old ones with the zip - also a better shape.

About time for a change me thinks - upgrade to BA indeed.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold GL
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I nearly brushed by teeth with eye gel (or something) recently.

The F bags really are terrible.

Also, the quality of the PJ's seems to have gone south. The large size always used to fit quite nicely, but now I can't fit into them (despite losing a fair bit of weight before you start tittering). The material also feels a lot thinner/cheaper.
Agreed with the F bags...which are not really bags I suppose...more of a carton!

Re the F PJ's I have noticed that they are a slimmer fit...Normally the medium ones are a little baggy on me and the other day it was actually fitted and I have not added or lost any weight!

The other month they had only loaded large on board, which normally drowns me...but when I put it on I thought they have labelled it incorrectly and fitted like a medium.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:51 am
Community Director Emerita

On a related note, does anyone happen to have an older spare F tower bridge (or possibly boat) Anya bag (no contents) they would be willing to part with?
I have a spare boat bag. You can have it if you like - but perhaps someone has the tower bag you prefer.

For those who know, where was the picture of the flying boat meant to be? Alexandria?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
On EK F it's a male and female kit, the male one is a lovely brown leather wash bag.
BA used to do this in the olden days. And the contents were very good back then too. There used to be different compartments for the stage of flight with different products.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
For those who know, where was the picture of the flying boat meant to be? Alexandria?
Pretty sure that would be the stop. It was a Shorts Empire flying boat called Caledonia (according to the registration), so would be a usual stop on the route to CPT.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:09 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SpurMan
Pretty sure that would be the stop. It was a Shorts Empire flying boat called Caledonia (according to the registration), so would be a usual stop on the route to CPT.
Thank you, very interesting.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I nearly brushed by teeth with eye gel (or something) recently.

<snip>.
Be grateful you didn't use the toothpaste as eye gel!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Bring back the Flying Boat bag. ^ At least some of the DR Harris product has been ditched in favour of REN.
The Flying Boat bags were great. I have a pile of them that I use for all sorts of storage. I'd have them bag, even if the contents remained poor!

But I do agree, the amenities are poor in F and yes, I too would like a comb.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It's a while now (~two years) since I last flew in BA F. Has the design of the first class amenity kit container, or its contents, changed much in the interim, please?
Clearly you haven't read my recent trip report which I feel the need to bring to your attention. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-airlines.html

Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have a spare boat bag. You can have it if you like - but perhaps someone has the tower bag you prefer.
Much appreciated. Will PM you shortly
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Nope, current F bags still useless and get left on board. Contents are ok, but bags total rubbish.
In contrast, I still use the older F and J bags for cables and things....very useful.
+1 ^
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
Do you just mean that the one you have is dirty? I've found that they launder well. (I was a bit worried about the leather pull tabs but they have come through just fine.)
The leather tab on one of mine did expire but I had something to replace this with that works just as well.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat Lifetime - BA GGL - VS Gold - EK Gold - HH Diamond - SPG Gold - Club Carlson Gold
Thank you, darthlemsip, for such a prompt response. ^

As for the container and its contents, I see that there have not been any changes since my last F flight. Am I the only male passenger who would like to see a small comb included in the kit?
In case anyone's listening ... I would really like a shoe horn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.