New First on 777

Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL
Thumbs up New First on 777

I was fortunate yesterday to be travelling in NF. While I had been in NF a few times before, it was always on a 747 and never on a 777.

Overall on the 777

1. The cabin I liked - at least there was a decent overhead bin for use above the seat and it was more spacious
2.The seat had a lot more space in 1K- at least is seemed that way - with the buddy seat actually being a lot wider
3. The cupboard for 1K was actually useful! With plenty of space for storage
4. The service was great - and good food too. Empty plates all round! I asked for the Lemon Cheesecake from Club (as I has heard great things about it on here..) and it was lovely.
5. IFE failed - but they got it going again eventually about an hour in to the flight.

My one minor gripe is that it was next to the galley and I did hear everything that was going on from the crew. I also had a cracking headache for about half of the flight - and I stuck to the water too!

Anyway - a great show yesterday from BA.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Super - promises good things for my first First flight in November.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RJLondonGold
2.The seat had a lot more space in 1K- at least is seemed that way - with the buddy seat actually being a lot wider
Helpful post. Thanks. ^

As far as you know, do these benefits you noticed in 1K also apply to the other seats? And, if so, why is it different from the 747?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I was fortunate yesterday to be travelling in NF. While I had been in NF a few times before, it was always on a 747 and never on a 777.

Overall on the 777

1. The cabin I liked - at least there was a decent overhead bin for use above the seat and it was more spacious
4. The service was great - and good food too. Empty plates all round! I asked for the Lemon Cheesecake from Club (as I has heard great things about it on here..) and it was lovely.
5. IFE failed - but they got it going again eventually about an hour in to the flight.

My one minor gripe is that it was next to the galley and I did hear everything that was going on from the crew. I also had a cracking headache for about half of the flight - and I stuck to the water too!

Anyway - a great show yesterday from BA.
I much prefer NF on the 777 than the 747 in any seat

Think I preferred OF on the 747 if in row 1/2, otherwise the more spacious 777 cabin was still a plus
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I'd have to disagree with you, I prefer NF on a 747 especially up front in the nose Much more privacy. Didint notice anything different about the seats.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Overall on the 777

it was more spacious
Indeed...

On the 777, from my TR:

On the 747, from Genius1's TR

Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Was it just me or did anyone else think Sixth Freedom has his undergarments round his ankles on hisd photo?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
Was it just me or did anyone else think Sixth Freedom has his undergarments round his ankles on hisd photo?

I prefer the 747 as well - a bit less space but way more privacy and that's just the way I like it.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
The F PJ trousers are long!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Helpful post. Thanks. ^

As far as you know, do these benefits you noticed in 1K also apply to the other seats? And, if so, why is it different from the 747?
Well the cupboard in 1K on the 777 is wider than the one on the 747. In all the other seats they are on the back of the seat in front - so same as on a 747.

I didn't actually look re the buddy seat. If I am fortunate to get NF on the way back (I am in 4A) I will obviously see!

I just thought overall that F on the 777 was a lot less cramped and I have to say it has changed my view. However - I don't travel F all the time and if in Club then 62A/K is still my best seat vs anything on the 777 in Club!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.