Wiki Posts
Search

'Know Me' initiative

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
'Know Me' initiative

Just saw this on businesstraveller.com and couldn't find it already posted on here..

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...mea-initiative

quite interesting...but i doubt they'd find me on Google...I have a VERY common name!!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Hmm, their image results on me will be limited too..lol
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Interesting indeed.

They'll never find me as a) it's too sensitive and b) I'm too non-descript (but I did get a lot of questions in the BA tent @ TOL )

Good idea - if it works. Strikes me as a bit of a lottery and BA has not been renowned for consistency so this might be a bad move unless it was applied very thoroughly.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Perhaps they've created a gigantic Guess Who? app for all these new iPads
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by colmc
Perhaps they've created a gigantic Guess Who? app for all these new iPads
I'll give them a clue: No glasses (6/4 thank you please), mouse-brown hair, no hat, blue eyes, and I'm a man, without a moustache or beard.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Whilst it is a nice marketing gimmick to be able to have info to say relevant things to people - and no doubt it will provide a warm glow for the person named for a few moments - I'd be happier to improvements in the inboard experience than someone saying, "Oh edi-traveller we haven't seen you on board for a few months".

I'd rather have a decent sized coffee cup on UK Dom rather than a thimble and a few personal words - unless the words were, " Oh edi-traveller we've listened to your incessant moaning about the thimbles of coffee and we've introduced a Grande Cup especially for you....."

It would be sad if someone was welcomed on board CW for the first time only to be told that their meal choice wasn't available (or would they make sure the Cw first timer got what they wanted - by possibly pissing off a regular)?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
'Know Me' initiative

There's a line between stalking and CRM...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Oh lord...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
There's a line between stalking and CRM...
I ended up laughing out loud at that. It's true, but the way you said it is funny
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
'Know Me' initiative

I did mean to make a serious point.

The iPad seems to have been a customer service revolution at BA.

I love the miles and tier points and I'm willing to give up a deal of personal information in exchange, but this sort of scenario:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/

is quite perturbing
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:10 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:47 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
I also agree, and furthermore think those reading from Waterside would benefit from considering their perspective on this.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:53 pm
Suspended

This is the same thing luxury hotels do, particularly for VIP guests and depending on size and hotel for all guests. Pictures (from the Internet) of that day's check-ins are given to front door, check-in staff and duty managers.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by edi-traveller

I'd rather have a decent sized coffee cup on UK Dom rather than a thimble and a few personal words - unless the words were, " Oh edi-traveller we've listened to your incessant moaning about the thimbles of coffee and we've introduced a Grande Cup especially for you....."

God, if they applied the same to me, they would have to tell me, " oh cornishsimon, we've listened to your constant and consistent moaning and were introducing flights from NQY to LCY, LHR and LGW!"

cs

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 2, 2012 at 4:23 pm Reason: repair quotation frame
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
I share my name (including middle name) with a celebrity - so when my name is googled, unfortunately it is not me that comes up!

We are also almost the same age.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.