Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Old Jul 8, 12, 10:13 am

Programs: M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an View Post
Uh-oh. Ignore my previous joyful post. Smooth transfer, all miles transferred 6th July. Confirmed by an email from BA, and an email from BMI.

Today 7th July one day later, checked BA account. All miles transferred showing as expired!

I am going to have to call BA tomorrow. This is going to be fun.
Had the same problem on Friday. Called the hotline. The girl had to talk to her supervisor:
They told me that my last flight on BA was more than 3 years ago. Thus the avios expired.
The avios will be reactived in a couple of days and will remain valid for 90 days.
To prevent expiration I will have earn/buy or spend avios in the next 90 days.

Up to now the avois are not reactivted (but its weekend...)

JT

Last edited by jthiel1; Jul 8, 12 at 10:15 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 8, 12, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I did not get time to call BA today about the miles I successfully transferred form DC to BA 2 days ago, that were marked expired on the following day!

But if poster above is saying that BA will demand I add to my avios in the next three months just to satisfy their system , then this is not going to be possible as I'm not flying in the next three months. Plus I'm not going to pander to a system that treats someone who formerly flew BA and is willing to give them another go, worse than someone just off the street opening a new BA account who doesn't find all their transferred miles expire immediately.

Those thousands of miles were earned fair and square with DC. They are valid miles. They have not become invalid through the transfer. I'm not going to accept this . On second thoughts, I might have to wait a week before I call BA so as to avoid embarrassing myself by being really rude to them if that is what they are going to say...! we need a level playing field. those miles are just as valid as anybody else's. If this is a taste of BA then perhaps I will rethink my decision to give them another tryout.

If they are going to mark them expired then they can jolly well give them back then! This would be a valid case for the miles to come back as they can';t just disappear. Perhaps they'll enjoy the admin more of giving them back and I'll plan to use them on Virgin or something. Plus, what's so different about someone who hasn't accrued to BA in three years, compared to someone who opened a new BA account yesterday that's never flown BA at all? Why should someone that never flew before, not have their transferred DC miles expire immediately too?

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Jul 8, 12 at 6:52 pm
Old Jul 8, 12, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
This 90 day expiry rule story is a load of waffle.

God knows where the agents got that info from.
Old Jul 9, 12, 1:37 am

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
My understanding is though that you don't need to fly, just 'earn' an Avios. I know it's frustrating, but perhaps this thread might be of use? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-1-avios.html
Old Jul 9, 12, 5:19 am

Programs: M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jthiel1 View Post
Had the same problem on Friday. Called the hotline. The girl had to talk to her supervisor:
They told me that my last flight on BA was more than 3 years ago. Thus the avios expired.
The avios will be reactived in a couple of days and will remain valid for 90 days.
To prevent expiration I will have earn/buy or spend avios in the next 90 days.

Up to now the avois are not reactivted (but its weekend...)

JT
Update:
Avois have been re-instated^^
Old Jul 9, 12, 7:03 am

Update : I called BA today to mention that all my miles had transferred from BMI successfully 3 days ago, then when I checked in my BA account 1 day later all the miles I had transferred were suddenly all marked expired!

BA explained this is a system glitsch and they will sort it immediately so the miles will be OK. Realistically I'm expecting this to take a day or two. Obviously I'll post if not
Old Jul 9, 12, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
This 90 day expiry rule story is a load of waffle.

God knows where the agents got that info from.
Well, someone in the BMI international call centre did tell me they have been taken on by BA... .
Sorry, couldn't resist it :-)
Old Jul 9, 12, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, BMI Diamond Club
Make sure you us full DC membership number

Originally Posted by smdb View Post
Unable to access my DC account from the transfer tool this am.
Phoned BAEC and told all details - NAME, ADDRESS, DOB, & EMAIL - must be the same in both accounts. Not helped by EC and DC displaying address in different formats!!!
Changed these whilst BAEC still on phone and tried again. DC details still not recognised in BA transfer tool. BAEC contact then admitted they had been experiencing problems and it might be worth trying again in a few days!!

9/7/12 - Called BAEC today for assistance with better results. The agent requested my details, and entered them for me, hey presto, DC miles transferred. Turns out I was missing three 0's (zeros) from the front of my DC membership number.
I also enquired about my DC miles accual method (MBNA cc). She told me DC will continue for time being, as will accrual. There is no limit on how many times you can transfer miles to Avios, so long may DC continue!!
Old Jul 9, 12, 8:52 am
AHO

Same error message 4 days in row.

Originally Posted by Combine my Avios
Combine my Avios was unsuccessful

Combine my Avios is already open. This session and any related sessions have now been cancelled. Please try again later
Old Jul 9, 12, 11:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge
Originally Posted by AHO View Post
Same error message 4 days in row.
SAME!
Old Jul 9, 12, 12:40 pm

I'm a mac user. I had tried safari, firefox, chrome and opera. However, every time I clicked "https://www.britishairways.com/travel/btt/execclub/_gf/en_gb" on bmi's website, it took me to the baec site without no further options to go with. My name and address on baec and bmi is identical. I would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 12, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nelumbo View Post
I'm a mac user. I had tried safari, firefox, chrome and opera. However, every time I clicked "https://www.britishairways.com/travel/btt/execclub/_gf/en_gb" on bmi's website, it took me to the baec site without no further options to go with. My name and address on baec and bmi is identical. I would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks!
I also had issues in OSX, Nicci contacted me by PM and asked if I could try another browser - I went with IE7 and it worked first time ^
Old Jul 9, 12, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the tip. However, I tried IE in the WinXP under Parallels Desktop but had no luck.
Originally Posted by TheTino04 View Post
I also had issues in OSX, Nicci contacted me by PM and asked if I could try another browser - I went with IE7 and it worked first time ^
Old Jul 10, 12, 7:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy View Post
Did the transfer work immediately for everyone?

The miles were deducted from my bmi account 3 days ago, but have not yet appeared on my BA account.

For my colleague, the points were available immediately on his BA account,
I asked BAEC. Their answer:

"Avios moved using 'Combine my Avios' will usually be shown against the Executive Club account immediately and will usually be available for use immediately. However, occasionally the transaction may take longer to show and until shown, the Avios will not be available for use. You will receive an email from each Programme to the registered email address to confirm you have initiated the transfer of your destinations miles to Avios from one Programme to another Programme.

I would advise you to wait for sometime as there are instances where some of our members have received their destination miles after a few days of delay. If you still need further assistance with this, please contact your dedicated Service Centre, where one of our agents will be able to assist you."

Did someone actually receive Avios after a few days if they were not credited immediately?
Old Jul 10, 12, 9:27 am

Programs: ALL
It took me three times, but I eventually transferred my BMI miles to Avios. However, I've tried nearly 50 times and can't do the same for my wife's account.

There is no option to "combine miles" under the "Manage My Account" tab on the ba website. When I go through bmi's website, I'm connected to ba's website and the bar says "transfer tool" at the top, but I'm not getting anything other than a view of my ba account info. The same result happens when I click on the link in the email inviting me to convert.

Thus --- if there is no option to combine points on my ba page, what do I do?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: