Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Old Jul 4, 12, 11:38 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
I remain totally and absolutely baffled by why so many people are so desperate to do this on day one.

There's one person I know of who had a very good reason to do it at the beginning - an immediate need for extra miles/Avios to complete an MFU that needed to be done right then.

But I simply can't believe that everyone thinks they're in the same position! There's no merit in itself in having a bigger miles/Avios total that you're not going to use immediately, when a transfer at a later date will be just as easy and quick.
Some of us want to secure redemptions at peak times in 2013 so why hang around?
Old Jul 4, 12, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
Some of us want to secure redemptions at peak times in 2013 so why hang around?
Why is a week or two going to make any difference?

If it does (as in my example), then I understand. But I find it hard to believe that everyone's in that position. Yet there's such a clamour to do it on the first day, when it's an irreversible move.
Old Jul 4, 12, 1:56 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Why is a week or two going to make any difference?

If it does (as in my example), then I understand. But I find it hard to believe that everyone's in that position. Yet there's such a clamour to do it on the first day, when it's an irreversible move.
Yes it does make a difference
Old Jul 4, 12, 7:28 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Debited but not credited. Transfer failed.

I tried for the first time last night. The screen showed up failure message and I received an email as follows...

------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry to say, your request to move your destinations miles between accounts (reference: xyz) could not be completed as the service is currently unavailable.

The transaction will be shown on your bmi Diamond Club account:
- Your bmi Diamond Club account number 0123xyz was debited with xyz,000 destinations miles on 04 July 2012.

However, we could not credit your British Airways account (membership number: abc), please call us as soon as possible, you can see our phone numbers here, quoting reference CMA-British Airways/xyz and we will add them back for you.

Yours sincerely,
bmi Diamond Club
Old Jul 6, 12, 9:31 am

name discrepancy

I could not do the transfer as DC account has my middle name and BA account does not. I tried to see if I could remove my middle name online on BMI site, but no luck and the only DC number I could find is UK number and I'm in US. Anyone have a US number for DC (BMI sales office of no help) or suggestion of how to change my DC name to remove my middle name? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 12, 9:40 am

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sharonsimon View Post
I could not do the transfer as DC account has my middle name and BA account does not. I tried to see if I could remove my middle name online on BMI site, but no luck and the only DC number I could find is UK number and I'm in US. Anyone have a US number for DC (BMI sales office of no help) or suggestion of how to change my DC name to remove my middle name? Thanks.
Sorry, don't know any alternate number but if you use Skype (or similar) it'll only cost you pennies to call
Old Jul 6, 12, 10:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Did the transfer work immediately for everyone?

The miles were deducted from my bmi account 3 days ago, but have not yet appeared on my BA account.

For my colleague, the points were available immediately on his BA account,
Old Jul 6, 12, 11:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire, AA EXP, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz 5*
Just did - pts appeared immediately.

Time to ditch the good and old BMI mastercard?
Old Jul 6, 12, 1:36 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wobbly wings View Post
Time to ditch the good and old BMI mastercard?
Not necessarily - it depends if you're trying to hit a target spend on the BA Amex for a companion voucher or not. Otherwise the 1.5 Avios/pound earning rate on the MasterCard is pretty good given the lack of annual fee & generally more widespread acceptance of MasterCard vs Amex!
Old Jul 6, 12, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Just transferred my first tranche of miles from Diamond Club to BA. Had to resuscitate my BA membership, so long untouched (been a member for decades but did not go back to accruing miles to them after they swiped 100,000 miles out of my account). Once I did a password refresh on the BA account the transfer went through smoothly following the instructions upthread. 2 emails appeared immediately confirming the transfer : 1 from BA, 1 from Diamond Club. Impressed.
Old Jul 6, 12, 6:25 pm

I transferred my 7K from the signup bonus and a Hilton spring double dip. Did not work in Chrome. Transferred instantly in IE.
Old Jul 7, 12, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Uh-oh. Ignore my previous joyful post. Smooth transfer, all miles transferred 6th July. Confirmed by an email from BA, and an email from BMI.

Today 7th July one day later, checked BA account. All miles transferred showing as expired!

I am going to have to call BA tomorrow. This is going to be fun.

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Jul 7, 12 at 4:44 pm
Old Jul 7, 12, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Not only is there no hurry, but I actually wouldn't do it if you have a big balance as you lose the option of Virgin redemptions. BA will give plenty of warning before pulling it.
On this occasion I don't think I would agree. I suspect 30 days at most based on some of the recent changes.
Old Jul 7, 12, 10:09 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
A friend of mine got the following error message after input the BMI # & password:

Combine my Avios is not available at the moment. Please try again later
Any idea about the cause of the problem (neither of the 2 accounts is HHA)? TIA
Old Jul 8, 12, 9:32 am

In case you can't find your account info at BMI, here's a link: https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loy...y-details.aspx

Last edited by rrgg; Jul 8, 12 at 9:42 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: