Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
apologies in advance as I haven't had the time to read through this whole thread... I'm trying to transfer my BMI miles to BAEC. I have an existing BAEC account from when I lived in the UK until 2005. The address is a UK one.

When I go to do the transfer, I get the error message saying the accounts don't match. I'm guessing this might be because the two addresses are different? (One UK one AU.)

So I try to change my BAEC address to my current one, but it gives me a 'your region is not eligible for membership'.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You can't have a BAEC account in Australia. You can change your BMI address instead. Also make sure the e-mails, names and date of birth are the same in both accounts.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The transfer tool worked fine for me. Just transferred 420,000 BMI miles. Boy, am I glad BA took them on one for one. I call that a result!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer from Diamond Club to Iberia Plus without passing through BAEC?

Just wondering as a friend of mine has a Qatar Airways flight coming up and only has an Iberia account. So I duly recommended that she open a DC account to get something for the QR flight, and then transfer across, but avoiding the intermediate step of BAEC would save some hassle...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer from Diamond Club to Iberia Plus without passing through BAEC?
Not possible.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
The "combine my avios" tool does not show up under my manage my account page. I checked that email, names and address both reflect equally across both sites. Any suggestions on what I am missing? Cheers
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by psyflyer
The "combine my avios" tool does not show up under my manage my account page. I checked that email, names and address both reflect equally across both sites. Any suggestions on what I am missing? Cheers
Have you tried entering APIS/passport info on the BA site? That seemed to do the trick for some.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Have you tried entering APIS/passport info on the BA site? That seemed to do the trick for some.
Worked! Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Worked! Thanks
Woohoo ^
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by neuromancer
You can't have a BAEC account in Australia. You can change your BMI address instead. Also make sure the e-mails, names and date of birth are the same in both accounts.
thanks. swapped to my UK addresses now works
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Not necessarily - it depends if you're trying to hit a target spend on the BA Amex for a companion voucher or not. Otherwise the 1.5 Avios/pound earning rate on the MasterCard is pretty good given the lack of annual fee & generally more widespread acceptance of MasterCard vs Amex!
Thanks. Are they going to reissue them or how will that work? Pts used to post to the bmi account.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Thanks. Are they going to reissue them or how will that work? Pts used to post to the bmi account.
None of us know for now - as long as DC exists and the BD->BA transfer tool is working I'm quite happy with that situation though! I think they'll need to at least give a couple of months notice though for us to have time to stop spending and credit existing miles across.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:44 am

Done without trouble.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
The Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Same. No trouble for my transfer.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Lovely Jubbly I'm 10566 avios richer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.