Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Old Jul 10, 12, 9:33 am

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by azhoopsfan View Post
It took me three times, but I eventually transferred my BMI miles to Avios. However, I've tried nearly 50 times and can't do the same for my wife's account.

There is no option to "combine miles" under the "Manage My Account" tab on the ba website. When I go through bmi's website, I'm connected to ba's website and the bar says "transfer tool" at the top, but I'm not getting anything other than a view of my ba account info. The same result happens when I click on the link in the email inviting me to convert.

Thus --- if there is no option to combine points on my ba page, what do I do?

Thanks
If you're not seeing the option under MMA then does your wife's account definitely have her DOB entered? - from what I understand that's what has caused issues for others with this option not showing up.
Old Jul 10, 12, 12:56 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson View Post
If you're not seeing the option under MMA then does your wife's account definitely have her DOB entered? - from what I understand that's what has caused issues for others with this option not showing up.
Thanks, that might be it. It seems I need to get her passport info together to update that section, but I'll try that.
Old Jul 10, 12, 1:02 pm

Thanks, that might be it. It seems I need to get her passport info together to update that section, but I'll try that.
Yep, hopefully entering the APIS info will do the trick - IIRC that was what worked for Raffles' parents-in-law's accounts!!
Old Jul 10, 12, 2:11 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson View Post
Yep, hopefully entering the APIS info will do the trick - IIRC that was what worked for Raffles' parents-in-law's accounts!!
Yeah that worked. Although only by getting there through bmi's website. There was still no option to combine avios on the ba site.

Regardless, it's done. Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 10, 12, 2:43 pm

Yeah that worked. Although only by getting there through bmi's website. There was still no option to combine avios on the ba site.

No probs, glad it worked in the end
Old Jul 10, 12, 2:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
My transfer was immediate - no issue encountered during transfer, and the miles are already in my BA account. Overall, it took about 45 seconds.
Old Jul 11, 12, 6:13 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg

I 'pulled' my miles form DC into BA with no problem by logging only into the BA website. This enabled me to check that my old BA account was in order first. Then I followed the instructions upthread. The miles transferred straight over with confirmation emails from both BA and BMI immediately.

I didn't need to go to the BMI website to do this. The BMI website seems to be losing bits daily.... I think this might be taken as a hint to anyone who wants to use any facility of Diamond Club that remains.. to do it sooner than later :-)
Old Jul 11, 12, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB

Thus --- if there is no option to combine points on my ba page, what do I do?

Thanks
My wife's account had the same problem....no combine Avios option under Manage my Account. I had changed her BAEC email address to match that of her DC account and hadn't confirmed it using the link on the email that BA had sent her.
Once I confirmed it the Combine my Avios link appeared.
Old Jul 11, 12, 2:28 pm

I could see the "combine my avios" after inputing my passport information on ba. The transfer was immediate. Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 12, 1:47 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Well, worked fine for me :-)
Old Jul 12, 12, 5:51 am

Sorry, haven't read the thread (don't you know who I used to be, etc), but I was really impressed with the transfer process (with the small caveat that it doesn't work in Safari - I was on a desktop, don't know if there's a problem with mobile Safari too, that would be problematic for users of iThings...).
Old Jul 12, 12, 6:41 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
(don't you know who I used to be, etc)
Yes, we haven't seen you for a while, Wingnut. Isn't that you on the right? And ajamieson on the left?

Old Jul 12, 12, 11:04 am

Programs: LH FTL..BA Blue..Hilton Gold
Just completed the switch over. No problems at all and miles showed up straight away in my BA account.
Old Jul 13, 12, 8:52 am
Community Director

Thank you for this tutorial. I had saved the email I got from bmi. I thought I had to begin by logging into my bmi account, and then look for the transfer option. I was going nowhere fast. This made it clear and easy.
Old Jul 13, 12, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
And ajamieson on the left?
I've always thought he was more strawberry blonde...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: