Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to receive a new Silver Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Red

I reached BA Silver for the first time on 18 June.

How long does it usually take to receive the actual card? I presume that the BA Executive Club card department are rather busy, especialy with bmi being taken over!

Will I still be able to access the BA Lounge at Manchester, before my domestic flight to Gatwick next Sunday, without the physical card?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Usually takes 2-3 weeks for the pack to arrive.

For lounge access in the interim, ask BAEC to send you a fax confirming your new and shiny status.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by jonnogreig
How long does it usually take to receive the actual card?
If you go to "Manage my account" then "Order Executive Club items" it should show you how far they are with the process.

andhow
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andhow
If you go to "Manage my account" then "Order Executive Club items" it should show you how far they are with the process.

andhow
Thank you. Will have a look.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

Also , as long as your MMB shows you have achieved silver, then your boarding pass etc will have it on.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewaran
Also , as long as your MMB shows you have achieved silver, then your boarding pass etc will have it on.
brilliant!! Sounds good to me!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by stewaran
Actually a BP doesn't always show it. You need to ensure you have the number in the booking which may have to be done manually if it's booked through a travel agent.

It will cut through automatically only if you book on ba.com through your log in to your account.

We often get BPs at the airport which have no status on them as the card holder's not put it in.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Actually a BP doesn't always show it. You need to ensure you have the number in the booking which may have to be done manually if it's booked through a travel agent.

It will cut through automatically only if you book on ba.com through your log in to your account.

We often get BPs at the airport which have no status on them as the card holder's not put it in.
Thank you. The booking was indeed booked via ba.com so It should show Silver Status in order to enter the lounge.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl

Or if you TA has half a clue and records your BAEC number in your record. All my bookings have the number on (and as I rely on the baec website and iphone to manage my travel it's pretty important)

I did, however, get a boarding pass with no number on last week. At MAN. I was bumped off a cancelled flight onto the later one, and the new boarding pass didn't have the number on. The return segment did. I had my gold card in my wallet though, and I imagine that the iphone app would have been good enough too.

(Interestingly I got 20tp for that flight, not 10tp I originally expected)
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Congratulations! ^

You'll have the card in the next few days, which is great, but, as others have said, you shouldn't really need it for most purposes.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I'm in the same position - I got the TP for silver on 15/6, and my "Order Executive Club Items" page shows Silver Pending on 18/6 and Silver Fulfilled on 20/6.

A good guide will be the fact that my Bronze card arrived yesterday. The same page shows Bronze Fulfilled on 3/6, so I'm guessing it will be about another fortnight or so until the Silver card arrives.

Strangely the Bronze Dispatched date is showing as 13/6, but that entry has only appeared in the last few days, i.e. probably at the time it was really dispatched.

Last edited by flibbly; Jul 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm Reason: Edit: corrected "got the TP for gold" to "... silver"
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Hopefully it comes soon. Love the fact that you get double Avios and can choose your seat at the time of booking!!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
BA doesn't generally require the plastic card for lounge access if it's on your boarding pass, which it should be.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:29 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Processing seems to be a little slow at the moment. My wife and I have "pending" showing on 15 June and "fulfilled" on 17 June but as at 5 July still no "dispatched".

Not a problem at BA's own lounges, as has been said, but inconvenient elsewhere.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
Processing seems to be a little slow at the moment. My wife and I have "pending" showing on 15 June and "fulfilled" on 17 June but as at 5 July still no "dispatched".

Not a problem at BA's own lounges, as has been said, but inconvenient elsewhere.
more like "very slow"!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.