FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Transferring BMI miles into HHA - not possible? - 'Tis Possible. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1360382-transferring-bmi-miles-into-hha-not-possible-tis-possible.html)

henkybaby Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Transferring BMI miles into HHA - not possible? - 'Tis Possible.

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...iscussion.html (post #6 & #8)

There is some talk about destination miles not being transferable if you have a BA HHA. That would be seriously inconvenient for some. Any thoughts about this?

COOLIO Jun 25, 2012 2:09 pm

That's ridiculous. Ugh. So are the miles of any use?

Steve in Olympia Jun 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Let's not jump to any conclusions until the transfer function goes live on July 3. Remember, BA also says that Iberia miles cannot be transferred into a BA Household Account, but we all know that you can do a two-step transfer through avios.com using the "Combine my Avios" tool, no problem.

Let's be patient......oh, wait, this is FlyerTalk. Go ahead, speculate away!

COOLIO Jun 25, 2012 2:15 pm

So can I dissolve the HHA, transfer then reconnect? Will it impact upcoming award res incl 241?

henkybaby Jun 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 18818661)
Remember, BA also says that Iberia miles cannot be transferred into a BA Household Account, but we all know that you can do a two-step transfer through avios.com using the "Combine my Avios" tool, no problem.

Pray tell, how does that help a non-UK member? ;)

Macspreader Jun 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Surely a two-way transfer potential through BMI would negate any reason to have a ba household account ? You could just set up a matching BMI account for every BA one, then transfer all miles (sorry, avios) to the BMI accounts and merge them all together into an uber-account of the family head. Then send all back to the BA account of choice. I can see benefit in the BMI family account, but none in having a BA one.

Kgmm77 Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm

This actually makes sense. What I assume is being said is that each individual member of a BMI HHA can transfer their miles to their own individual BA account (which may or may not be part of a BA HHA).

This is aligned with the current BMI HHA process, whereby a redemption is deducted pro-rata from the individual balances of each member. Whilst miles are totalled in the HHA, the system still records them against individual members.

And unless that individual BMI member has a BA account in their own name (be it part of a BA HHA or not), why should they be allowed to transfer the miles?

PanGalactic Jun 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 18818619)
Any thoughts about this?

My initial thought is.....Oh B@lls :rolleyes:

uk1 Jun 25, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm really suprised at the degree of totally unjustified alarm about this.

The BMI accounts allow transferring but not pooling of family member accounts into the head account. BA is the reverse. They pool but do not freely transfer - except if the individual gifts and pays. This is why they have said this.

What this rule is saying is that individual BMI accounts can transfer to individual BA accounts because the ids ie names etc must match. So at its simplest you can transfer all BMI family members miles to the head BMI account and then transfer that balance to the head BA account where it is then accessible by all BA family account members. What you can't do is send all the individual BMI family accounts to the BA head account simply because the names must match. You can however - if you wish - send individual BMI balances to matching named individual BA accounts.

I see no cause for any alarm.

henkybaby Jun 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Transferring BMI miles into HHA - not possible?

That makes sense.

BA Executive Club Jun 26, 2012 3:35 am

Dear all

uk1 has summarised this very well. We will try and make transfers as simple as possible and will be on hand for any questions

Warm regards

Nicci

pazza2000 Jun 26, 2012 11:40 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club (Post 18821760)
Dear all

uk1 has summarised this very well. We will try and make transfers as simple as possible and will be on hand for any questions

Warm regards

Nicci

Thanks Nicci^

I would imagine it to be a fairly smooth process as is the case with Iberia/Avios/BAEC transfers.

henkybaby Jun 26, 2012 11:41 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 18823958)
Thanks Nicci^

+1

Maybe the mods could change the thread title to Possible! :)

FlyerTalker6245 Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club (Post 18821760)
Dear all

Warm regards

Nicci

Thanks so much for posting, Nicci! You have a good knack of posting the right info at the right time!

LTN Phobia Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 18823964)
+1

Maybe the mods could change the thread title to Possible! :)

This mod has obliged and changed the title.