Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Headphones in F

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:57 am
Original Poster

BA Headphones in F

Trying to figure out if I need to bring headphones...Will the BA provided headphones in F work with normal electronics with phono style jacks such as iPods/iPads?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Bring your own.

BA jacks like most other airlines are a double jack not single. Otherwise, those headphones would be disappearing faster than the VS UC salt and pepper shakers (no longer used).

Only exception would be on the 777-200 where the IFE in F is on a iPad.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nickfabb
Trying to figure out if I need to bring headphones...Will the BA provided headphones in F work with normal electronics with phono style jacks such as iPods/iPads?

Thanks!
Yes they will.

The second pin is for the noise cancelling circuit which you would not obviously use with your own device. Simply angle the headphone plug and use the single pin for your ipad/iphone. This is what we do on the 777-200 aircraft that have ipads for First customers, we use the normal headphones but only use one of the 2 pins.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyh25
Yes they will.

The second pin is for the noise cancelling circuit which you would not obviously use with your own device. Simply angle the headphone plug and use the single pin for your ipad/iphone. This is what we do on the 777-200 aircraft that have ipads for First customers, we use the normal headphones but only use one of the 2 pins.
Is there actually a "noise canceling circuit" or is it just left and right channel? Do you hear both sides of the audio when using 1 pin? Most noise canceling headphones have the logic built into the headphones.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nickfabb
Is there actually a "noise canceling circuit" or is it just left and right channel? Do you hear both sides of the audio when using 1 pin? Most noise canceling headphones have the logic built into the headphones.
You get both sides. I had to use them when my battery went in my Bose phones on my way back from Canada and they were fine in my iPad and iPhone, but not as good as the CQ15s. Note to self. Carry spare AAA batteries in the headphones case!!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Blue
Believe that the second pin is used to provide the power for the noise cancelling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.