Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability+Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Award availability+Suggestions?

I want to start thinking about a trip with the family to Florida in August 2013. Any suggestions on booking the award seats would be appreciated as there are four of us. Would it be best tolook for MCO, MIA or TPA? Any suggestions on minimising the miles uses, hotels, attractions etc would be great. We are planning a week in MCO followed by 10 days on the beach.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:56 pm

The only think I would suggest is that you need to keep looking at all three airports as this is peak time, few redemption seats will be released and possibly not at all. Also, you may need to consider flexibilty - as in you may not be able to secure 4 seats in the same cabin.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I want to start thinking about a trip with the family to Florida in August 2013. Any suggestions on booking the award seats would be appreciated as there are four of us. Would it be best tolook for MCO, MIA or TPA? Any suggestions on minimising the miles uses, hotels, attractions etc would be great. We are planning a week in MCO followed by 10 days on the beach.
If you're looking for WT+ or CW then I think you'd be very fortunate to get 4 on the same flight to MCO or TPA in the same cabin. These flights are only 3 class so the premium cabins are at a ... erm ... premium.

MIA on the other hand has not only more flights per day but also the full 4 class service. Might still be hard to get 4 seats in the same premium cabin on the same flight though.

On the basis that there's not much value in booking award seats in economy and of course depending on how many miles you have to spend, I'd look for 4 award seats spread through the WT+, CW or F cabins to MIA.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:51 am

I booked Miami for our trip next week as soon as the flights became available. I couldn't get anything for Tampa or Orlando.
Initially I could only get 2 x F returns and 1 x WT+ out and a CW back.
About 3 months after I booked another F out became available and I was able to upgrade.

To simplify
All 3 of us are flying to MIA in F
My daughter and I are returning to LHR in F and hubby is returning in CW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.