No Priority Boarding for Silvers

Old Jun 18, 12, 5:03 am
Original Poster

No Priority Boarding for Silvers

Hi,

apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Mr L1 flew from LCY this morning, to EDI, on his regular run.

For the first time, no priority boarding for Silvers - it was Gold only.

We flew back from DFW last Monday on BA and it was the same, no priority boarding for silvers. At that time we thought it was just a mistake, but maybe not.

Cheers,
Karen
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Strange - I haven't heard about any change to this, and in most cases the priority lines have the eligibility printed on the banners, so it's not like there's any obvious flexibility.

Maybe the LCY-EDI flight has so many Silvers on it that they make a change here (certainly some of my LHR-DUS flights have as many people in the priority line as the normal line...)
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:25 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I'll check at LHR T5 later this afternoon.

I can see why they'd make such a change though.

The amount of people in the priority boarding queue can sometimes be quite ridiculus.

I find it a bit irritating flying in CE and only a handfull of seats in CE, but a hundred people in the priority queue.

bjorns
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:30 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
The announcements at AMS have been priority boarding for golds only for quite a while. When I was silver, I was let through but I lost that a while ago.

The announcements at LGW this morning were for both gold and silver.
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
I've never heard any mention of priority boarding at LCY at all.
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

According to ba.com it's still a benefit - see this page http://www.britishairways.com/travel...p/public/en_gb under "Leave the queues behind".
Old Jun 18, 12, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
LCY now has priority boarding at some gates, these are CE/Gold only. No change at LHR/LGW.
Old Jun 18, 12, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
GVA is the same... priority boarding line CE & GCH only.
Old Jun 18, 12, 6:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

My favourite approach is the LGW:

* Call for people with disabilities and infants under 5
* Call for passengers in the Club Europe cabin (the amount business UKs pay they should get to go first too imo)
* Call for our most valued customers (Golds and Silvers & Oneworld equivalents)
* Call for rear rows with a reminder that Club Europe and Status customers can board at their leisure

The LHR approach works fine for Glasgow flights where people respect the system. Italians (for example) appear to think that they all should use the Fast Track Queue(!)

And GLA gate 19 is undoubtedly the best by far and will be missed with the switch to the ex-BD lounge.
Old Jun 18, 12, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by traveller42 View Post
The announcements at AMS have been priority boarding for golds only for quite a while. When I was silver, I was let through but I lost that a while ago.

The announcements at LGW this morning were for both gold and silver.
This was the case but I think they've been pulled up on it now as when I was there a few weeks ago they were again calling golds and silvers.

Nothing has changed, silver are still supposed to get priority boarding along with golds. Bronze do NOT get it though.

Anytime priority boarding is not offered to silvers, you should remind the gate team that this is a silver benefit and ask why they're not offering it.
Old Jun 18, 12, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl View Post
Anytime priority boarding is not offered to silvers, you should remind the gate team that this is a silver benefit and ask why they're not offering it.
There is even a big fat sign at the LCY gates saying it is CE/GCH/Emerald - no mentioning of Silvers.
Old Jun 18, 12, 6:59 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Club Europe passengers and gold card holders invited for priority boarding at AMS last night.
Old Jun 18, 12, 7:09 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
All fast track boarding signs at T5 today have sapphire and emerald icons up.

The announcement however only mentioned club Europe passengers.
Old Jun 18, 12, 7:10 am

Golds/Silvers called for priority boarding twice last week at T5 - all signage says Golds and Silvers are entitled (along with J, F etc)
Old Jun 18, 12, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
I travel EDI-LCY-EDI most weeks and have done for donkey's years and have never once had priority boarding at LCY........

Search this Thread
Search Engine: