Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA lounge in Glasgow moving to former bmi lounge [now open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge in Glasgow moving to former bmi lounge [now open]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:09 am

you should have asked about the gate arrangements ie whether the aircraft will move down from 21
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
In my view definitely Lounge ladies rather than dragons, anyway I was told still working out calls in lounge for boarding from Gate 21 as at the moment the airport authority aren't moving the BA flights down to the new lounge. I guess we can hope that eventually BA will get the flights moved and then dedicated access from the lounge to the flight will be achieved.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
lets hope there is more room for people to bellow their trivial activities into mobile phones, as that seems to be the the main purpose of the current GLA lounge. its generally totally spoilt by self absorbed corporate wallies who think they are somehow bigtime as they are going to London on an aeroplane.

I know that they are the bread and butter, above is slightly tongue in cheek, but there is a phenomenal amount of bad behaviour phone wise in the GLA lounge.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:45 am

Its not unique to GLA lounge, infact its better there than some stations.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IThink
In my view definitely Lounge ladies rather than dragons, anyway I was told still working out calls in lounge for boarding from Gate 21 as at the moment the airport authority aren't moving the BA flights down to the new lounge. I guess we can hope that eventually BA will get the flights moved and then dedicated access from the lounge to the flight will be achieved.
Well it's hardly a long walk from the bmi lounge to the BA gates.....2 minutes maybe?

Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:32 am

Its a lot longer than the luxury of the gate 21 secret door
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:14 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gw76
Its a lot longer than the luxury of the gate 21 secret door
By which you actually mean gate 19
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
There's a mass of scaffolding outside the windows between Gates 25 and 24, are they perhaps extending the building out to make room for moving BA?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by GLA
I asked one of the dragons last Sun morning. She indicated an opening date of 21/12 and seemed fairly confident that they would meet that target.

Will be interesting to see the new place. The old lounge has been heaving recently!
Hi, any update on this? Has the lounge opened today? I will be flying on 26th and it would be nice to try out the new whisky snug!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by Airlineanorak
Hi, any update on this? Has the lounge opened today? I will be flying on 26th and it would be nice to try out the new whisky snug!
I was wondering the same flying out of there on 2nd... Any update on when boarding from lounge will be available too?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:18 am

I am ex-GLA on the 29th so would very much like to experience the new lounge - any news yet?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Won't be back through til the new year, but last week they had put up a hoarding around the whole lounge area, suggesting they were starting on some work to the entrance of the lounge. Might be the final stage, or might be the start of another 3 months of work.....
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:06 pm

BA lounge in Glasgow moving to former bmi lounge in late summer

Just landed in GLA and like raikie says, completely boarded around the entrance. No sign of imminent life.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
So is the BA lounge being used - the one that is near the departure gates?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:32 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Airlineanorak
Just landed in GLA and like raikie says, completely boarded around the entrance. No sign of imminent life.
Whilst this is probably the most useless post in history...having just landed here I can verify that claim.

And yes the current lounge is beside gate 21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.