FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Seat Sale ended before BA.com says it will (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1356822-ba-seat-sale-ended-before-ba-com-says-will.html)

LTN Phobia Jun 14, 2012 6:05 pm

BA Seat Sale ended before BA.com says it will

Has anyone else been caught out by BA Seat Sale ending before BA.com says it will?

The clock on BA.com home page still says there is still 1h57m left to book, but the fares have gone back to normal. It's not a clock glitch - the clock has basically been implying (by indicating the time left) that it would end at 3am 15 June 2012.

I am finding this rather annoying. A requirement has just come up and I thought I'd book it - I even got out of bed to do that, only to find that the fares had gone back to what it normally is.

Jimmie76 Jun 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 18758621)
Has anyone else been caught out by BA Seat Sale ending before BA.com says it will?

The clock on BA.com home page still says there is still 1h57m left to book, but the fares have gone back to normal. It's not a clock glitch - the clock has basically been implying (by indicating the time left) that it would end at 3am 15 June 2012.

I am finding this rather annoying. A requirement has just come up and I thought I'd book it - I even got out of bed to do that, only to find that the fares had gone back to what it normally is.

You're not the only one, fortress had the same problem on the main sale thread.

herethere Jun 14, 2012 6:07 pm

the same

i was part way making the booking and at midnight the system cut me off and the front page said there was under 3 hours left... what is going on. This is not a world class airline looks to amateurish

MNManInKen Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm

To add insult to injury, the clock is still counting down right now (1.10am) :eek:

HIDDY Jun 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jimmie76 (Post 18758632)
You're not the only one, fortress had the same problem on the main sale thread.

Indeed....and the most obvious place for this rant to have been posted instead of starting a new thread. Who posted it anyway?

Oh dear. :p

LTN Phobia Jun 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 18758704)
Indeed....and the most obvious place for this rant to have been posted instead of starting a new thread. Who posted it anyway?

Actually I intentionally posted a separate thread so as not to turn the existing one into a rant thread (I'm fully intending to rant in this thread :p - well this is my brand of ranting, anyway), and also to warn people that the sale had ended despite what the home page might say.

It's cost me about £60 :mad: :mad: and had to choose more inconvenient flights due to POUG availability issues.

On the other hand I was looking for a POUG on another flight and it had just appeared so I grabbed it, so I am not in such a bad mood. However, the POUG price had gone up, so I am not in a great mood either.

I think the Sale ending before the website says it will should be brought to BA's attention properly because it's just not on, and besides it's a bit embarrassing to get such basic things wrong.

HIDDY Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 18758778)
I think the Sale ending before the website says it will should be brought to BA's attention properly because it's just not on, and besides it's a bit embarrassing to get such basic things wrong.

Indeed....someone has either boobed or all the tickets were sold.

Now....get back to bed.

Jimmie76 Jun 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 18758704)

Ooh I didn't like to say ;):D

LTN Phobia Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 18758806)
Indeed....someone has either boobed or all the tickets were sold.

The latter would be highly unlikely so I would think that the former.

Now the home page has ditched the clock.

HIDDY dear, my body clock has no idea what time zone it is in. Now I cannot sleep. I may go and bargain hunt on LH or LX :p

Originally Posted by Jimmie76 (Post 18758823)
Ooh I didn't like to say ;):D

Oh shush, I'm allowed to start an occasional new thread that may be a bit overlapping for the sake of ranting - I don't want to ruin the people's joys of having obtained bargains by ranting.

I saw the fares of £152 one way, and by the time I got to book, it had gone up to £230 one way. At least we know it was a genuinely good sale. So I had to book ET on flights that I guessed would have POUGs and POUGed. The resulting fare bucket was the same, but it cost me extra. Grrrrr. I should have booked when I saw £152 because it would have been even less with shareholder discount (guessing around £140 one way).

Now a lesson learnt - don't dither, don't go off and do some work and come back to do it. If it says it ends on 14 June, take it to mean that it ends at 23:59 on 14 June, regardless of what BA.com front page ad splash clock says!

I will be writing to BA with a complaint though.

Seriously, didn't BA.com have a similar issue before? If it did, it's becoming a recurring theme that needs to be fixed.

Shuttle_Endeavour Jun 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Having grabbed a couple of seats myself last night, I would have been truly pi**ed off had I been kicked out at midnight.

In true Flyertalk style, the Ts and Cs did say it ended at midnight. Although I agree that it is pretty incompetent not to have the countdown working correctly.

So the next obvious question.... how many avios will you demand in compensation???

HilFly Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Of course, some of us didn't have a sale in the first place! :mad::D

It is very annoying when sales and offers end before they are supposed to. I missed out on what would have been my favorite handbag ever when an estore offer ended too early last year. I had managed to convince myself that I could justify the ridiculous price with the double miles offer. (Although I don't take much convincing when it comes to handbags. I went out to buy a tray of plants today and came back with a handbag instead!! :eek::eek:)

the_seeker1977 Jun 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by herethere (Post 18758633)
i was part way making the booking and at midnight the system cut me off and the front page said there was under 3 hours left... what is going on. This is not a world class airline looks to amateurish

This happened to me too - the flights went up by S$700 :mad:

angatol Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm

angatol Jun 14, 2012 11:23 pm

BugAlugs Jun 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Hasn't this happened before ? I only found one hit but from memory I recall that the last 2 to 3 hours are to be avoided on ba.com

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...y-playing.html