Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OTish - New International Terminal at LAS (Now with Photos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OTish - New International Terminal at LAS (Now with Photos)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by irmster
Never had a problem at T2.

Only half of the new terminal seems to be in use. Lines of empty immigration desks, a whole empty security area -lots of space, not a lot in it!

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/au...rt-means-long/
I totally agree - less check in agents, less passport control officers, less security folks - the terminal looks fantastic but operates below par!

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Dec 2, 2012 at 7:54 pm
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Access with a BA Gold Card in WT?

Hi,

I will be flying to/from LAS in December ( doing the LAS half marathon on the 2nd).

As it is a shared lounge will I get access with a BA Gold card travelling in WT?

( also have the Priority pass card)

Many thanks

TBS
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:10 pm

Did the old LAS lounge not have the funny rule that it was for First and CW pax only ?
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...rt-Lounges.cfm
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I will be flying to/from LAS in December ( doing the LAS half marathon on the 2nd).

As it is a shared lounge will I get access with a BA Gold card travelling in WT?

Many thanks

TBS
I dunno about BA Gold but PP will (or should) get you in.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I dunno about BA Gold but PP will (or should) get you in.
Hi,

Thanks for that Private Pyle!^

Must remember to carry my card with me!

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Yes I think you will need your PP card. That said, I got into the old lounge as Gold but traveling in WT but I think I was just lucky - so you never know!

aks120
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by gw76
Did the old LAS lounge not have the funny rule that it was for First and CW pax only ?
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...rt-Lounges.cfm
No u could get in if you were gold or silver, but if you got an opup at checkin to CW from wt+ you didn't get access as we found out.
This is the old lounge at T2
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:55 pm

Hi,

Many thanks

TBS
It is strictly by class of travel you are in unless you have PP
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stoneman
It is strictly by class of travel you are in unless you have PP
Hi,

Thanks Stoneman!^ I won't turn up at LAS too early then when I leave ( 6th Dec)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:11 pm

Hi,

Thanks Stoneman!^ I won't turn up at LAS too early then when I leave ( 6th Dec)

Regards

TBS
And good luck with the half marathon, ^I did the Robin Hood here in Nottingham last week, great fun. Might have a look at registrations.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Well another wee update on my local airport! This experience was completely different to my last so I am hoping my previous experience was teething problems.

I went from curbside to lounge in under 5 mins - no exaggeration! They have sorted out the segregation between classes at check-in with some signs and barriers. Check in staff were a bit miserable mind you but very efficient!

Security was super fast and friendly - like the old Term 2 this time round.

The lounge is pretty dead but because of the speed of check-in, I am early The soup on offer was roasted red pepper and smoked gouda - very tasty and the 'champagne' is really sparkling wine but it is acceptable. The sandwiches coming out look OK - nothing spectacular and a bit like an AA lounge offering. The rest is pretty poor but if you expect 'snacks' then you will not be disappointed - and there are some nice looking places close by. Staff are very friendly.

Now I am just waiting for my upgrade to 1A like last time I wrote from here.........not got a good upgrade vibe tonight though

The Banking Scot will have completed the half marathon by now - i hope you got on OK - it was only as I sat here watching the finish on the TV that I realized the coincidence whilst reading through old posts on this thread!

Overall a far better opinion than last visit to LAS Term 3!

aks120
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Just got back from LAS ( did the half marathon in 1 hour 46) and enjoyed some unseasonable warmth ( highs of 70)

We were three hours late leaving LAS ( 2340 rather than 2040), transit security at LHR is POOR , barely made it onto the rebooked 1830 LHR-EDI flight ( originally on the 1600) and bags did not make the flight and will be delivered tomorrow)

I will post a full report on LAS tomorrow

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Oh dear - but that is a great time . I look forward to your review of LAS

aks120
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LAS Experience ( BA Gold Card in WT accepted)

Hi,

Thanks for the photos aks120!

After a good night's sleep here is my report;

Arrival

A bit of a walk to immigration where there was a bit of a queue ( at least I was at the front of economy) and only a few immigration staff but to be fair more staff tuned up and the queue speeded up.
The bags took a little while to turn up but as I was in WT i do not know how efficient priority bags were. No queues at customs and was soon landside with the immpression that the terminal was large and empty.
Directed straight to the taxi waiting spot and waited about a minute for the taxi to come.

Departure

The BA desks are about 2/3rds of the way down the terminal ( half a mile long according to the lounge staff) and the desks were close to the entrance so did not need to pay for a trolley.
The check in desks are laid at 90 degrees to the terminal with CW/F to the left and WT/WTP to the right. As such when you are in the line you face a column of check in desks rather than a row. Two free desks but I waited until the agent spotted me in line ( there was a person checking in at another desk which may have blocked the view)
The agent was friendly and apologised for not spotting me and said I should have waived.
Check in took slightly longer as I had a connecting flight to EDI and was rebooked from 1600 to 1830 due to the 3 hour delay leaving LAS.
I got a $9 refreshment voucher and directions to the lounge. ( Pax in F got $19 from talking to a couple later in the lounge) Wraps at the Tempade were $10 but I just had a cake and a coke as I had dinner on the strip)

There are very few shops landside in T3.
Security was fairly empty ( separate line for First class)

The lounge is by Gate E2 and the staff said that as I was an emerald card holder i did not need my priority pass card. ( I had both out)

The lounge was busy and took a seat in the bar area as it looked slightly better than the two main rooms and the far area room did not look appealing.

Most of the tables are surrounded by 4 seats so it does not take many singles/couples to fill them up.
Coffee was in large thermos flasks ( not sure if they had a coffee machine) These and the snacks ( crisps, walkers biscuits, crackers and cheese and some fruit were on the counter to the right of the bar.
The soup was tasty ( did not try the sandwiches ). The bathroom had a shower and there was a separate room with 2 pc's)
The champagne/sparking wine was quite good and the staff were friendly
I left to walk the terminal and there were a few shops but a lot of them were closed.
Coming back into the lounge it was packed with no room to sit down and it was noisy with lots of groups talking. ( not sure if they were BA pax but there were also flights to Vancouver/Toronto leaving at the same time as the late BA flight) and the bar area and staff were busy . A couple left so grabbed their table for a few minutes, finished the champagne,used the rest room and went to the gate area about 10mins before boarding started.

Overall not a bad lounge but the colour scheme is not appealing, there are no windows and would not want to spend a long time there.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 8, 2012 at 4:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.