Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA/QF lounges at SIN - changes (pre F lounge refurb)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.

Well quite bonkers goings on at SIN.

In preparation for the refurbishment of the F lounge, the J lounge is now the F lounge and the F lounge is now the J lounge.

Confused? I was. Quote from the lady on the desk "I've got so many Emeralds to deal with we had to swap spaces" which kind of makes a mockery of how exclusive OWE is...

What is interesting though is that according to the signs outside and the leaflet at reception, they have changed the access regs slightly. It's now

F Lounge (Old J): BA/QF/OW First, BA/QF/OW Business, QF Plat, BA Gold, OW Emerald

J Lounge (Old F): QF Gold, BA Silver, OW Sapphire, Jetstar Business Max ticket holders

Odd. But I thought I'd relay just in case anyone is passing through.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
For those who want to go to have a look, Red Roo (the official QF rep) posted something about this on the QF board: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...singapore.html.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA gold
^ Pleased to see changes are afoot, hopefully for the better, as the SIN lounges, especially F, always seemed to be lacking.

Even my father, a novice to using airline lounges remarked it was a bit tired and boring.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting old - I can remember when the F (now J) lounge opened after the previous refurb.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
First time in the SIN F lounge recently about a month ago (before the changes) - I found it very small and crowded, and it seemed to have much the same food offerings as the J lounge. However unlike the J lounge, it was hard to get a seat. Maybe it is all the BMI status matched GCH who are making the difference to numbers!

I have always preferred the BKK J lounge to the SIN one - sadly with the BA 9/10 not going through to SYD, the now longer wait between the BA-QF change at BKK, and through fares via BKK not being offered by BA.com, I don't see that I will fly through BKK in the near future on the Kangaroo route.

So much for JSA offering the same choice - flying via SIN is now the only way to book the Kangaroo route on BA. This is a shame as if the JSA was taken to its logical conclusion (revenue share and combined operation) you would able to book to UK-Australia via BKK, SIN or HKG booked through either BA or QF with a quick connection at the middle point. However this does not seem to have happened and so the passenger has less choice.

However the swimming pool is an improvement on any lounge - just a shame it is not nearer to the BA gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.