Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How Many Miles In Your BAEC Account, And Who Has The Most?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Miles In Your BAEC Account, And Who Has The Most?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I am a pauper with only 88k but will have another 30k by the end of next week and another 30k by the end of June. But like BBB that is mainly because of significant redemptions. My view on miles / Avios / points is that you may as well spend them while you have them - if I get hit by a bus on the way home what's the point of having 2.5 million of them? Gold-plated halo anyone?
Old May 25, 2012, 9:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by oscietra
I don't see the point in holding massive balances; the risk of devaluation ...
I agree but with several million sitting in my BAEC and such little time to spend them they keep mounting up. I use them to upgrade to F regularly and to take the family away (using The Joker) but with the amount of travel I'm doing the stock is quickly replenished.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
1.2 million in my BAEC account.

A further 400,000 in my Amex MR account, just waiting on a bonus offer to transfer them
Old May 25, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I wouldn't want to be accused of showing off , but I think that between my and Mrs FF99's EC accounts and my Avios account, somewhere around 2 million. I also have several hundred pounds of Tesco vouchers which will also end up getting piled into Avios.

I have rather lost track of how many Avios I have spent in recent years, but probably between 750,000 and 1 million (at a realistic guess).

I owe it all to FT and to Tesco ^^! Without them I would be a sad Avios minnow, but then I am amazed to discover that I have been active on here for over 9 years. Hardly a lifetime's achievement but certainly a source of satisfaction.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by csdavidson
1.2 million in my BAEC account.

A further 400,000 in my Amex MR account, just waiting on a bonus offer to transfer them
Can I vote for my cousin?

I know he's BA Gold (in HKG), and has over 300K in his account. (But he's not on FT).. and I was just shocked when I found out how much Amex MR he has in his account... 24 Million MR points !!!

I'm being very kind to him between now and Christmas !!
Old May 25, 2012, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I agree but with several million sitting in my BAEC and such little time to spend them they keep mounting up. I use them to upgrade to F regularly and to take the family away (using The Joker) but with the amount of travel I'm doing the stock is quickly replenished.
With the ease that you seem to be earning them would it not make sense just to use full mile redemptions?

Surely the best value to using miles is to use them now rather than have them depreciate in value the longer you hold on to them? I suppose it's a fine balance but I tend just want rid of them as the cost of taxes/charges just keeps mounting up year after year.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
137k BA 125k BMi

Not bad for a daft train driver!

JAT
Old May 25, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Knocking on 7 figures. Have spent several million over the last few years. Have not earned a single mile through Tesco.
Old May 25, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, Virgin
I've almost got 150k
Old May 25, 2012, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
With the ease that you seem to be earning them would it not make sense just to use full mile redemptions?

Surely the best value to using miles is to use them now rather than have them depreciate in value the longer you hold on to them? I suppose it's a fine balance but I tend just want rid of them as the cost of taxes/charges just keeps mounting up year after year.
It depends on whether you need TPs to retain status.

For some, that's easy. For others a full redemption earns nothing, and thus risks ending up Brown or worse
Old May 25, 2012, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
It depends on whether you need TPs to retain status.
Of course.

I'm not on that merry-go-round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.