New 'Main Cabin Extra Seats' on AA

Old May 14, 2012, 11:48 pm

Somewhat OT but if Spirit Airlines (in the US) can find people willing to pay to be crammed into 28-inch seat pitch A320s with what they call "pre-reclined" (i.e., they do not recline) seats, then 3-4-3 on a 777 seems perfectly feasible. Unfortunately.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
So I was wondering if anybody has any experience of Main Cabin Extra (MCE) with AA?

I am considering this for a 4 hour domestic out of JFK after a transatlantic in WTP with BA. I know that you can't compare the two as they are different products, but I am wondering if for 68 USD/person the extra space is worth it after a long day of travelling?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:25 am

Location: Northumberland (The big bit between Newcastle & Scotland).
Programs: BAEC & VS.
Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
So I was wondering if anybody has any experience of Main Cabin Extra (MCE) with AA?

I am considering this for a 4 hour domestic out of JFK after a transatlantic in WTP with BA. I know that you can't compare the two as they are different products, but I am wondering if for 68 USD/person the extra space is worth it after a long day of travelling?
I have - the seat is unchanged - still a standard economy seat, not a larger different seat as in BA WT+.

The only difference is the extra leg room - which on my aircraft (757-200) AA have made possible by the removal of 1 row of seats from near the front of the economy cabin. (it is row 11 that no longer exists on AA 757's with the new Main Cabin Extra config).

I assume they will arrive at the extra few inches by removing a certain row(s) on each aircraft type.

Happy New Year

Bat 21
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Yes mine is also a 757 (haven't been on one for a while!).

To be honest I am disapointed that having paid more for WTP that it doesn't book into MCE automatically (or give you the option).
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith

There is a lot of discussion on the AA forum,

I flew on it on a LH sector, and the front row (which I was on) was pretty good: if one is not too tall, lots of space, but without the very cold feeling of being on the exit row.

Not sure I would pay $70 for it, but then again, I've done PEK-ORD in Y more several times!

tb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.