Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Are the Avios.com/Ba.com eStores trying to rip you off?

Are the Avios.com/Ba.com eStores trying to rip you off?

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
I used avios estore a lot and lately BA more as the former is shutting. I've had tens of thousands of points back with at least 90% I think with no issue. I do operate on the basis of these and cashback sites that they are not guaranteed though, so I don't get any stress if something doesn't track, which inevitably will happen from time to time.

Things that I have found to make things track better:
- do not have any windows of the retailer open before you click the link from the ba/avios store. You can browse on the retailers beforehand and add things to basket etc, but make sure to close all instances of the retailer's windows before you click the ba/avios link.

- once you've clicked on the link and the retailer window comes up, do not close the window. Try not to open additional windows or tabs. Ideally checkout as quickly as possible. Maybe do all the browsing and adding to basket before you click the link per the first step above.

- if you've bought something and need to buy more from the same retailer again, make sure to close all instances of the retailer again and follow top two steps above.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Been using the BA estore a lot for most of my Christmas shopping, and despite having to submit missing avios claims after every purchase, for the most part the avios have been credited eventually. However, I have noticed they dont seem to credit for Just Eat and respond with the below after a missing avios claim is raised.

[Mod: image showing employee name redacted in accordance with privacy policy]

Anyone had any luck with food retailers?

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 17, 2018 at 4:54 am Reason: Privacy policy
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ FrogTastic - that response seems a bit weird to me. I imagine you were hoping for something more useful / constructive ?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
@ FrogTastic - that response seems a bit weird to me. I imagine you were hoping for something more useful / constructive ?
To me too. I was expecting them to credit the missing avios. I've responded 2/3 times and received the same answer.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (Oh yeah!)
Not sure what your reply said (its been removed), but I find Just eat track within 24hrs and normally the points are paid within a week or so, certainly none of the 30+days with most retailers.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by benjai
I used avios estore a lot and lately BA more as the former is shutting. I've had tens of thousands of points back with at least 90% I think with no issue. I do operate on the basis of these and cashback sites that they are not guaranteed though, so I don't get any stress if something doesn't track, which inevitably will happen from time to time.

Things that I have found to make things track better:
- do not have any windows of the retailer open before you click the link from the ba/avios store. You can browse on the retailers beforehand and add things to basket etc, but make sure to close all instances of the retailer's windows before you click the ba/avios link.

- once you've clicked on the link and the retailer window comes up, do not close the window. Try not to open additional windows or tabs. Ideally checkout as quickly as possible. Maybe do all the browsing and adding to basket before you click the link per the first step above.

- if you've bought something and need to buy more from the same retailer again, make sure to close all instances of the retailer again and follow top two steps above.
An old post I know, but you shouldn't put stuff in the basket before you click the cashback link. It will still track a lot of the time, but I'd say it's risky.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
In my experience, the best way to make sure things track ok on these affiliate sites is to have a browser on your device that is used purely for cashback/avios. Do your shopping research on Chrome or whatever you use for your main browsing and then when you know what you want to buy, open up IE and click through from the cashback/avios site to do the transaction.
argonath and dddc like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
75% of the time on Avios.com I had to email them due to a transaction not showing in pending, especially when using hotels.com. So far on Ba.com 100% of my transactions have shown on pending.

I have probably jinxed myself!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by adieacc
Not sure what your reply said (its been removed), but I find Just eat track within 24hrs and normally the points are paid within a week or so, certainly none of the 30+days with most retailers.
My apologies, the image I uploaded had the contacts name, this has now been blocked out.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I've recently had Avios from a Sep White Company deducted from my account after being credited, along with a few Dominos ones. Have asked BA for an explanation,
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
I've recently had Avios from a Sep White Company deducted from my account after being credited, along with a few Dominos ones. Have asked BA for an explanation,
Did BA respond?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I find I get a lot of benefit from TopCashback and the BA/Avios e-stores but the lack of transparency when it comes to the reasons for cancelling or refusing transactions is extremely frustrating.

I understand that it is not worth investigating when you are due 20 Avios on a 20 Pizza Hut delivery order but these referral sites need to understand that when I have a 1,000 Hilton hotel booking refusing my 8,000 Avios without explanation is not on.
DanAirLondon and FrogTastic like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:09 am

What are the options to correct this, the claiming missing avios doesn't seem to work and when I called the helpline the agent didn't know the estore existed
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by FrogTastic
Did BA respond?
They did. It was because I used a discount voucher for both.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
BA estore pending transactions often not showing

I've only been purchasing regularly through the BA estore since December 2018, there have been 4 occasions where the transaction is not showed as pending even though there is a click ID transaction for the purchase to the website on the day. I have appealed 3/4 of these, only 1 has been moved to pending. They simply tell me I haven't clicked through the site which is ridiculous as there is a record on their visit history.

BA seam to blame the retailer, one of which was Clarins, I emailed them directly to query this with my evidence. That was 4 days ago. No response received.
Can't help but think this is a con, but not sure who is to blame?
DanAirLondon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.