Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access for OW Emerald

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Given the upgrade is to correct an overbooking problem, I am surprised that you get lounges access. It hardly seems necessary.
Many of the opups I've had have been at the gate, so too late for CCR...
Old May 8, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
. Given the upgrade is to correct an overbooking problem, I am surprised that you get lounges access. It hardly seems necessary.
Why?
Old May 8, 2012, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Why?
In the same way as an op up may get last choice of meal etc - if you're putting more people into the lounge it 1) increases the cost and 2) decreases the value of the experience.

Whilst it seemed like a 'tight' procedure at the time, I can understand the rationale.
Old May 8, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
In the same way as an op up may get last choice of meal etc - if you're putting more people into the lounge it 1) increases the cost and 2) decreases the value of the experience.

It's not quite the same though, is it? The F cabin is not catered with the full load x no of choices of food, whereas (one presumes) the CCR is designed to cope with the maximum load of Eligibile pax that could be passing through the terminal at any one time (I.e. no of departures x cabin capacity x average dwell time + CCR card holders + connecting F pax) therefore an upgraded passenger shouldn't be 'adding' any extra resource requirement.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony

Whilst it seemed like a 'tight' procedure at the time, I can understand the rationale.
The flipside being that if you give people the "full" experience they might consider paying for it next time.

Back in the T4 days the whole no CCR access was always handled really badly. A big black marker used to scrawl INVOL UPGADE NO LOUNGE was really premium.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Concorde Room is for F class passengers and the muckity mucks (BA Premier or something like that) only. The semi-washed masses are directed to the F and Club lounges, respectively.
The "muckity mucks" are BA Premier and Concorde Card holders. The latter are BA's most frequent fliers who get the Card which entitles them to access the LHR and JFK Concorde lounges.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Lolbert
The "muckity mucks" are BA Premier and Concorde Card holders. The latter are BA's most frequent fliers who get the Card which entitles them to access the LHR and JFK Concorde lounges.
I believe the quoted post was tongue in cheek!

tb
Old May 8, 2012, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The flipside being that if you give people the "full" experience they might consider paying for it next time.
That's a very fair point, so if they're doing it on a strategic basis then it makes perfect sense, a bit like the one way upgrade to F promo that runs from time to time, or an intelligent CRM system should be able to pick off likely targets for this kind of treatment.

You've still however got a marginal cost increase of someone drinking better wine, eating better food etc both on the ground and in the air, when the root cause could be they sold one too many really cheap seats down the back of the plane. So in this tax & fees world we now inhabit that might equate to £30 on a TATL but they've bumped one person from Y to W, one from W to J and one from J to F.

Am sure the accountants would be keen to keep the additional costs as low as possible, so as to minimise the loss on the passenger.

Anyway, time to get back to the day job...
Old May 8, 2012, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by chimambu
Half the quote was not accurate but the 1st half surely was -thus making your response completely inaccurate.
Good response

Yes, I suppose half was accurate...
Old May 8, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The no op-up in CCR rule was a T4 capacity thing.
Strange, that. Unless op-ups to F back in those days involved the installation of a new, "temporary" F seat on the plane!!! (the number of F seats is fixed, and the lounges should be designed to cope with the maximum expected number of F pax).
Old May 8, 2012, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Strange, that. Unless op-ups to F back in those days involved the installation of a new, "temporary" F seat on the plane!!! (the number of F seats is fixed, and the lounges should be designed to cope with the maximum expected number of F pax).
But T4 and the CCR wasn't designed for that hence the restriction. As for the hideously tiny T4 F lounge...
Old May 8, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
As for the hideously tiny T4 F lounge...
was that one downstairs? I think that was my first Lounge experience ever.
Old May 8, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
OT: Should AA partner with BA to give Concorde Room access?
Old May 8, 2012, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is actually quite funny and worth a read, owing to the complete lack of AApologists so far. Perhaps it'll be a different story by the time everyone has got online, but for now...
Old May 8, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Yep, just had a look, and this:
Why doesn't AA just open their own MD-80 Room??
made me laugh out loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.