Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access for OW Emerald

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Wrong. If you have a BA F boarding pass you can access the CCR - that includes op-ups. Note you can also use the CCR when connecting if you arrived in BA F.

The no op-up in CCR rule was a T4 capacity thing.
Exactly!
Old May 7, 2012, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by frebay
bummer. Was hoping to use one of those cabanas during my 6 hour layover.
Anyway, you have to reserve those way in advance.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Wrong. If you have a BA F boarding pass you can access the CCR - that includes op-ups. Note you can also use the CCR when connecting if you arrived in BA F.

The no op-up in CCR rule was a T4 capacity thing.
I stand corrected. Missed out then but now I know.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC-Gold
Originally Posted by chimambu
Same here. Able to use CCR whether paid or unpaid (award Fs). It is, however, NOT open for BA operational upgrades.
Strange....I had an involuntary upgrade to F from EWR to LHR and was able to use the CCR prior to my onward flight to DUS...
Old May 7, 2012, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bugslyboo
Same here. Able to use CCR whether paid or unpaid (award Fs). It is, however, NOT open for BA operational upgrades.
Strange....I had an involuntary upgrade to F from EWR to LHR and was able to use the CCR prior to my onward flight to DUS...
Of course you were. The post you quoted was completely inaccurate.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
Having to obtain dining invitation in Concorde Room

One thing I cannot understand with the Concorde Room as it is exclusively F pax or CCR holders - why is it still necessary to obtain a dining invite to use the pre flight dining facility? surely everyone in there is entitled to dine without the invite?
can understand it in Galleries First etc at T3 but not CCR

any rationale?
Old May 7, 2012, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GavB
One thing I cannot understand with the Concorde Room as it is exclusively F pax or CCR holders - why is it still necessary to obtain a dining invite to use the pre flight dining facility? surely everyone in there is entitled to dine without the invite?
can understand it in Galleries First etc at T3 but not CCR

any rationale?
Until recently CCR card holders were not allowed (at least formally) to use the pre flight dining facility in the evening, ditto those transfering on to (say) UK domestics. Pre–flight dining is available on all flights departing after 20:00 from London Heathrow, New York JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Washington, Toronto, Chicago and Boston. CCR card holders can now eat in the evening, but the application of that can be inconsistent.

This is not the same as the "normal" dining during the day time, for which anyone in CCR can use. As you rightly indicate T3 is another can of worms in that respect...
Old May 7, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;18530352]Until recently CCR card holders were not allowed (at least formally) to use the pre flight dining facility in the evening, ditto those transfering on to (say) UK domestics. Pre–flight dining is available on all flights departing after 20:00 from London Heathrow, New York JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Washington, Toronto, Chicago and Boston. CCR card holders can now eat in the evening, but the application of that can be inconsistent.

Ah I see that makes some sense now - thanks
Old May 7, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by frebay
If I am traveling on BA J and i'm a OW emerald member (aa exec plat) can I access the Concorde room? I'm getting conflicting info on the ow website and the ba website. ow says I can access all first lounges but doesn't mention the concorde room as one.
Concorde Room is for F class passengers and the muckity mucks (BA Premier or something like that) only. The semi-washed masses are directed to the F and Club lounges, respectively.

Last edited by Boghopper; May 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm
Old May 7, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Anyway, you have to reserve those way in advance.
My very first time through the CCR I had no idea about pre-reserving a cabana so I showed up and asked to use one. Had to wait about 4 hours, but it was mine for the remainder of our 8 hour layover.

On subsequent trips I have had no problems reserving them just 1 day prior. YMMV.

Getting a shower room at the spa on the other hand...that can take an act of God, even for F passengers.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and dropping what happened to those days when I was back and forth to Aus/NZ?)
Originally Posted by mach92
Concorde is paid F pax
You also get it if you have used miles to book an F booking.
Personally though, the cabana aside (which YouFirst are very good at booking), the CR dining isn't really a step up from other restaurants in LHR - however it is free
JJ
Old May 7, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
Originally Posted by Genius1
Of course you were. The post you quoted was completely inaccurate.
Steady on Genius1. My comment #15 is obviously not contrite enough for you. Half the quote was not accurate but the 1st half surely was -thus making your response completely inaccurate.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JerseyJ
You also get it if you have used miles to book an F booking.
Personally though, the cabana aside (which YouFirst are very good at booking), the CR dining isn't really a step up from other restaurants in LHR - however it is free
JJ
Oh i wouldn't say that.The kippers for breakfast are fantastic.^
Old May 7, 2012, 9:54 pm

Steady on Genius1. My comment #15 is obviously not contrite enough for you. Half the quote was not accurate but the 1st half surely was -thus making your response completely inaccurate.
An honest mistake I'm sure and one which was easily corrected. And I can see how the mistake could be made. I've never had an upgrade at LHR so didn't realise it included the relevant lounge access. Given the upgrade is to correct an overbooking problem, I am surprised that you get lounges access. It hardly seems necessary.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by economyman
When's your flight?
Will be at LHR on May 14th and May 23rd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.