Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:08 am

Its really frustrating as the majority of people seem to have had it set to the right date to start with with the minority in this situation.
As a regular commuter to London I have been used to getting evening meal in the first lounge before flight home (do 1,000 tier points but not make the 1,500)
Guess need to just wait see what happens
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
I am one of the July membership year end dates. I was downgraded to bronze. Emailed customer services in July and had a really quick reply saying they are working on it and inviting me to chase if I didn't hear anything.

I emailed again at the weekend as I have a flight next week and I've just received an email confirming my status is back to Silver until July.

However, my account says my card now expires August 2015!!! ;-)
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Anyone any further on this? Currently calling BA around once a week. Each time it is sent to the back office again and then nothing happens.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:09 am

Mine updated back to Gold this morning, Welcome to new tier email received and Order Exec Club items shows "Discretionary Upgrade Pack Exec Gold - pending" hope you get yours sorted soon too
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I haven't been religiously following this but now have jumped back in!

My Silver card expires 02/15 (as on the Exec Club site).

Does this mean that I keep all the benefits of silver or is it just the card that lets me into lounges after the first year but my level for earning drops?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:24 am

And... I've been downgraded to bronze. Fantastic. On the phone now to try and get this sorted.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just been downgraded to Silver despite already chasing twice and being assured both times that it was a mistake and a replacement Gold pack would be ordered.

Seems to be pretty random whether you got the additional year you're entitled to and if you didn't, getting them to fix it is a pain.

Have fired off a vaguely shouty letter (with an envelope, a stamp and everyhing ).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by jbfield
I was told that there is a chap in BAEC specially dealing with this issue but that at the moment, even if he updates a member's account to fix the, the IT system reverts the TP's back to what they were (zero).
After a bit of calling, I got mine updated; I was told a few things you might find useful.
1) When the issue is first raised, it gets sent to the chap in charge of solving this - he works in the back office though so you can't call him. When it's been added to his to-do list, notes are put back on your own account to say it's being investigated, but for future call centre reps not to send additional requests through to him as it will slow the process down.
[NB. Not all reps read the full set of notes].

2) It can take up to 28 days from putting the request in the system to the system recognising it (this might have actually meant for the card to be issued, but wasn't explained to me that way).

3) It is possible to get a letter sent to you stating your membership level so that you can access the relevant lounges (and bonus miles for being Silver/Gold retro-credited).

My membership issue got resolved last week - just in time for another set of flights but haven't received the card just yet.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jbfield
After a bit of calling, I got mine updated; I was told a few things you might find useful.
1) When the issue is first raised, it gets sent to the chap in charge of solving this - he works in the back office though so you can't call him. When it's been added to his to-do list, notes are put back on your own account to say it's being investigated, but for future call centre reps not to send additional requests through to him as it will slow the process down.
[NB. Not all reps read the full set of notes].

2) It can take up to 28 days from putting the request in the system to the system recognising it (this might have actually meant for the card to be issued, but wasn't explained to me that way).

3) It is possible to get a letter sent to you stating your membership level so that you can access the relevant lounges (and bonus miles for being Silver/Gold retro-credited).

My membership issue got resolved last week - just in time for another set of flights but haven't received the card just yet.
Thanks for heads up ^ I'm somewhere between 1) and 2) above right now.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:32 am
phb

I phoned after being downgraded to Silver. Today I received an email putting me back to gold . However this was a 'discretionary' upgrade, not an apology for getting it wrong. Still, it's the shiney card that matters!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I was downgraded to Silver (at least I received a Silver card, though my online status remains Gold with TP year reset), and phoned last week to ask them to put me back to Gold. No sign of a replacement Gold card yet, but I'm hopeful it'll be here within 28 days if what's above is accurate!

Are people reliably being re-upgraded within 28 days? Also I don't want to lose the TPs I've already accumulated since the year reset (had some trips that week) - presumably the manual upgrade won't remove the TPs from my account?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:57 am

Still waiting on this end so have popped off a note to customer relations. Mostly because I'm bored of calling up every Monday to try and get this sorted.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by so3003
I was downgraded to Silver (at least I received a Silver card, though my online status remains Gold with TP year reset), and phoned last week to ask them to put me back to Gold. No sign of a replacement Gold card yet, but I'm hopeful it'll be here within 28 days if what's above is accurate!

Are people reliably being re-upgraded within 28 days? Also I don't want to lose the TPs I've already accumulated since the year reset (had some trips that week) - presumably the manual upgrade won't remove the TPs from my account?
In my case even after I received my silver pack through I was told that it would all be fine and I would still stay Gold.
I was told there would be a manual update made but not till the day my card expired which would keep me at Gold so not to worry
However the day after my Gold card expiry I changed to Silver online so I had to contact again.

The status online was sorted out within a couple of days and I received an email welcoming me to my new tier! and could see that a new Gold pack had been sent to be dispatched

I had 100+ tier points earned since my reset and they stayed in place
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My stroppy letter seems to have done the trick and I'm back to Gold again. ^
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I had 880 Tier Points (but zero BA flights) - my matched Silver year ended yesterday - and it looks like I survived and still show Silver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.