Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been given a Willy Wonka style golden ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

As the title suggests for those who are extra important has the golden ticket arrived yet?
Old May 1, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Am I missing something? Sounds intriguing, whatever you are on about!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Am I missing something? Sounds intriguing, whatever you are on about!
Don't get too excited!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ce-initiatives
Old May 1, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Sadly I'm not a GCH (or a Prem for that matter) so no.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold GL
No but I could have done with a red card the other day when I asked for a bitter lemon and was told "I'm sorry - we have stopped doing it" - despite 2 of them in the cart, which I had to point out to him and it being on the menu.

Followed by a poor meal service... which had no priority (2nd time in 2 weeks) and I was then given the cabin crew meal of Pasta in CW... Don't ask.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by RJLondonGold
No but I could have done with a red card the other day when I asked for a bitter lemon and was told "I'm sorry - we have stopped doing it" - despite 2 of them in the cart, which I had to point out to him and it being on the menu.

Followed by a poor meal service... which had no priority (2nd time in 2 weeks) and I was then given the cabin crew meal of Pasta in CW... Don't ask.
I thought cabin crew were getting CW meals now. Don't they get to eat whichever CW meals are left over after passengers have had their choice?
Old May 2, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Mine arrived in the post today. Interesting trial.

RJLondonGold - the Bitter Lemon confusion I might forgive. But GGL not getting their first choice of meal is not forgiveable (unless the cabin was full of PREMs, which seems unlikely )
Old May 2, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My colleague's arrived tonight. Is it just a GGL and Prem thing? I wonder how they have selected the 3,000 candidates to take part...
Old May 2, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
^ good idea
Old May 2, 2012, 2:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Fun idea - will be interesting to see how it goes. I'm a pretty low-ranking Gold, so unless it's going out to all I won't be seeing it.

SPG has/ had 4 "thank you" type vouchers sent to all their Platinum customers to hand to someone who delivers great service. I never ended up using them, but I did carry mine around for 6 months or so.
Old May 2, 2012, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Very interesting idea.

I would definitely have found reason to hand a golden ticket to a purser on a recent GLA - LHR sector who was really terrific.

(I did, of course, promptly submit a ba.com/welldone)
Old May 2, 2012, 3:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I received two today. Not entirely sure this will do what it says on the tin. I'll take them with me on my next flights and see if a good candidate shines through.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Sounds like GGL only as opposed to basic Golds
Old May 2, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Sounds like GGL only as opposed to basic Golds
I think the official FT term is plebGold?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
I got mine today although i am not ggl (yet). I did do 3'500 tps this year already and have a rtw trip planned in 3 days and 4 other flights til june. So either civ counts, given to all golds or the fact you have a couple of flights planned until end of june (when it stops). I will bring them along and ser where it goes.

Curious what cabin crew get out of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.