Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been given a Willy Wonka style golden ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
A well done and a pat on their back from their manager.
If it were me running the prog I'd say that and actually give the crew member with the most Golden tickets a CW flight somewhere when the results were in. That way no one knows that this is in the offing and therefore doesn't just up there game in the hopes of winning, only to drop back later on when they don't win.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold GL
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Mine arrived in the post today. Interesting trial.

RJLondonGold - the Bitter Lemon confusion I might forgive. But GGL not getting their first choice of meal is not forgiveable (unless the cabin was full of PREMs, which seems unlikely )
Don't get me started - I have now started dealing with it onboard, instead of ringing afterwards. Firstly, I ask quite politely to the crew if the cabin is full of Golds/Prems and finally - if all else fails, I get the CSD. Which I did on this occasion. Seemed to sort the issue. However - why must it get to that???!!!

Rant over... But no doubt it will happen again.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
What is intersting is that its pretty seriously tracked (i.e. you BAEC number is in there as well as the coupon no and you have to post your flight number and name cabin crew) so I'm pretty sure you cant give it to a friend working as a cc (unless on the same flight obviously)..does that mean however that BA can/will track:

you've been a pursuer on 25 flights where there was a potential for a total of 60 tickets and neither you nor crew got anything or

you ve been on a total of flights where you could have received 40 tickets and you got 5.

As a result it would give them much more information on their crews than it appears from handing out a mere total of 6000 tickets (and with the perception of the crew that it does not matter so much given low reward behind it).
Old May 3, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TheHak

you've been a pursuer on 25 flights where there was a potential for a total of 60 tickets and neither you nor crew got anything or
That certainly casts the job in a new light!!!!

could also be a new Mucci-hood - Poursuivant(e) des billets d'or
Old May 3, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
If it were me running the prog I'd say that and actually give the crew member with the most Golden tickets a CW flight somewhere when the results were in.
Agreed about the incentive.

Existing ba.com/welldone works fine... this should be a step above...
Old May 4, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have received 2 Gold Tickets to hand out and I'm not GGL so maybe they're expanding the scheme?
Old May 22, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any update from those with Golden tickets?

I'm interested to know who has been active in handing out their golden tickets? What flight were you on and in which cabin, and what made you think the crew member on that occasion deserved such praise?

Also, out of interest, at which stage in the flight did you hand out the Golden ticket?
Old May 30, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black

Still havent handed them out. Been unlucky i guess
Old May 30, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not yet had a trip where the service has warranted a ticket. I'm not one for rewarding service that simply meets my expectations.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Handed one out to a lovely F Purser from JFK the other night just before we landed. She seemed genuinely moved and appreciative to receive it - which proves to me that the scheme can be a good one as it's the immediate feedback/recognition that can make all the difference sometimes not just a pat on the back from the manager down the line.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:13 am

Just witnessed a gold ticket handout in F.
The FA was excellent and was quite embarrassed about receiving it.
Then the CSD came on the PA to congratulate him and and inform everyone on board about it.
When we were disembarking I asked him what he was going to get out of it and he didn't know other than he had to email his manager.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
I have a little story where I couldn't hand out a golden ticket - because I'm not Gold - but I really wanted to (someone else handed one over in the end).

I was on an overnight flight from NYC where I witnessed a crew member entertaining an ill toddler throughout the flight. The crew member drew pictures, took the child on a tour of the plane, and made up a warm drink of some sort. Very above and beyond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.