Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card - 20,000 points for 23

Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card - 20,000 points for 23

Old Apr 26, 12, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Quidco took 8 months to pay my 45 SPG Amex referral money from last August. Did get it in the end, to be fair, even though the card had been cancelled for 4 months by the time I got it!!

This is not a bad deal, although the SPG Amex is currently offering 20k Starpoints (25k BA) for signing up, with some - less - Quidco and so also worth a look. And of course the BMI MBNA Amex is 20k Avios with a very modest income requirement, so better for those who don't earn the 20k Amex want.
Raffles, the income requirement for the Gold Card is now 30k.
Old Apr 26, 12, 10:32 am

Quidco took 8 months to pay my 45 SPG Amex referral money from last August. Did get it in the end, to be fair, even though the card had been cancelled for 4 months by the time I got it!!

This is not a bad deal, although the SPG Amex is currently offering 20k Starpoints (25k BA) for signing up, with some - less - Quidco and so also worth a look. And of course the BMI MBNA Amex is 20k Avios with a very modest income requirement, so better for those who don't earn the 20k Amex want.
I have held and subsequently cancelled all three of these card in the past 18months; what one's do you think I could successfully re-apply for (churn) to receive the now more generous sign-up bonuses/cashback? Decisions

Just to also share my experience with Quidco, as with Raffles my cash back also took an age to pay out although eventually did without chase.
Old Apr 26, 12, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Quidco took 8 months to pay my £45 SPG Amex referral money from last August. Did get it in the end, to be fair, even though the card had been cancelled for 4 months by the time I got it!!

This is not a bad deal, although the SPG Amex is currently offering 20k Starpoints (25k BA) for signing up, with some - less - Quidco and so also worth a look. And of course the BMI MBNA Amex is 20k Avios with a very modest income requirement, so better for those who don't earn the £20k Amex want.

Just my vote for the BMI MBNA cards, £0 fee, 20,000 BMI miles which will become avios as well as 15 quid cashback via quidco.

cs
Old Apr 26, 12, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
I have held and subsequently cancelled all three of these card in the past 18months; what one's do you think I could successfully re-apply for (churn) to receive the now more generous sign-up bonuses/cashback? Decisions
I'd recommend getting a Tesco mastercard for the 1,000 clubcard points (2400 Avios) bonus and also to use as a glorified clubcard for the double points on petrol and in order to get 1,000 points per time for referring others.

I got mine recently and it gave me a warm happy feeling

If it wasn't for the 1 Avio per BMI card I'm expecting to receive soon I would have been putting a lot more spend on it than I am now planning to.

Also, as Raffles mentioned, they give them to just about anyone

If anyone needs a referral, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Edit: see the bad news here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18465849-post1040.html

Last edited by PanGalactic; Apr 26, 12 at 12:02 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: