Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Chase BA 10% off, work on MFU?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:06 am
Original Poster

US Chase BA 10% off, work on MFU?

is there a way to book an ex US, WT+ mfu to CW throught the ba.com/chase10 link?

the 2012 BA booklet that arrived today said it is 10% off any flight booked with the Chase Visa, thru BA.com,

However I don't see how to do it with an MFU.[ booked as a pay and upgrade with avios, not upgrading an existing booking with avios]

booklet t&c's dont seem to exclude mfus

thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dr benway
is there a way to book an ex US, WT+ mfu to CW throught the ba.com/chase10 link?

the 2012 BA booklet that arrived today said it is 10% off any flight booked with the Chase Visa, thru BA.com,

However I don't see how to do it with an MFU.[ booked as a pay and upgrade with avios, not upgrading an existing booking with avios]

booklet t&c's dont seem to exclude mfus

thanks!
I know I have paid for the WT+ portion of a flight using the 10% discount (twice in the last four months, in fact), but I'm not certain that it works for the upgrade portion to CW. I'm not sure I tried, as the discount each time was approximately $7-10.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:21 am

I tried to do this earlier this year, EWR _ LHR, MFU WT+ to CW, I could not get the 10% to apply. I didn't want to lose my chosen flights (only 1 reward seat left message) so I went ahead without the 10%. Good luck and please post the solution if you find it as I hope to repeat the trip later this year.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:03 am

Trying to work on the same situation. Couldn't you book the WT+ fare in cash on ba.com (with the 10% discount) and then a few hours later call an agent to upgrade with Avios? If they say no, then just cancel the flight as it's within 24 hours?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
I MFU'd from CW to F earlier this year, the option to upgrade came after I booked the ticket, availability however didn't open up until the last few days.

It may be worth trying to type CARDOFFER4U , ( I think that's the code ) at the payment stage of the booking.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I upgraded a CW fare to First using Avios, and I was told I had to refund the 10% Chase discount. I haven't seen this in any of the T&Cs so I'd be curious if others have experienced the same.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Oneworldboy
I upgraded a CW fare to First using Avios, and I was told I had to refund the 10% Chase discount. I haven't seen this in any of the T&Cs so I'd be curious if others have experienced the same.
Thanks for the info. They really do try to make it as difficult as possible to use their benefits.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Oneworldboy
I have mfu 3 flights in the last two months from cw to f that were purchased with the chase discount and never had to refund. In fact, wife is on one such upgrade tonight.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Good to know! It smelled fishy when the agent took the money from me.. So hopefully I will be able to claim it back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.